Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Prd Wires Install Question

Old 10-22-2006, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

I just put them on the Tib and now I can't fit the valve cover back on. I saw from searching that Alex ended up running without his cover on. Is this what I'll have to do? I have the colorwrap on mine so that adds a tiny bit of thickness to them. I was thinking of just cutting off those plastic clips inside that cover that the stock wires sat in. The wires don't fit inside the clips. What did you guys and gals do?
Old 10-22-2006, 11:07 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I left my spark plug cover off. It wont make a difference either way. You could cut the clips and they should fit if you want to put it back on
Old 10-23-2006, 12:23 AM

I left my cover off as well. It looks good either way i think.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:31 AM

I got mine back on tongue.gif It is a little tight at the throat so I left those screws a little looser than the backs.

I also dont have the color rap mine are the blue PRD wires. If you cut the clips you should have enough room if not I agree it does look good either way. (valve cover on or off)
Old 10-23-2006, 12:49 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

Thank you everybody. I think I will leave it off for now also.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:12 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

leave it off!!!!

Weight reduction!

joke.gif
Old 10-23-2006, 04:30 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

can't you use a dremmel and make a bit of room at the bottom for the wires? I've never installed a PRD kit before. That cover is there so you don't end up with a bunch of junk in your plug holes making it difficult or impossible to remove the plug wires, or breaking off the plugs because of rust. Everything on our vehicals is there for a reason.. well, everything that came from the manufacturer.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:18 AM

they fit even with the wrap without cutting anything. they even fit in those clips. just take ur time, and push really hard. they definitly fit without issues.

Old 10-23-2006, 10:06 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DrivingTibNaked @ Oct 23 2006, 06:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>can't you use a dremmel and make a bit of room at the bottom for the wires? I've never installed a PRD kit before. That cover is there so you don't end up with a bunch of junk in your plug holes making it difficult or impossible to remove the plug wires, or breaking off the plugs because of rust. Everything on our vehicals is there for a reason.. well, everything that came from the manufacturer.</div>

?

the plug wires have rubber that goes around the whole plug hole and essentially seals it. And regardless if you get that much gunk floating around in your engine in the time period that i change plugs, every oil change, then you have other problems. You shouldnt have that much gunk floating arond in the engine bay within the recomended time or period.

I have a vented hood and it doesnt even get wet there.

And other manufacturers dont even bother putting a spark plug cover on there. They're mainly there for show.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:07 AM

I took a small round file to my cover. About 20 minutes of work will make the clips larger to hold the wires perfectly.