Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Power supply for heated seats

Old 09-13-2011, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tiburon
Default Power supply for heated seats

Where is the best place to tap into for heated seats pads? They go in under the upholstery and I'll have to run the wiring down under the seats, through the carpet, and behind the dash somewhere. Is it safe to tap into the fuse box somewhere, or can I tap into the heater controls somewhere so that they only power up when the heat is on?
Old 09-13-2011, 03:57 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

i would just tap the wires that come from the seats for seatbelt lights. the lil two wire connection under the driver seat
Old 09-13-2011, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Depending on the heaters, that is a good way to burn fuses or wiring.

The cigarette lighter in my car sees approximately zero use and it is fitted with fairly hefty (for a car) wiring. I'd go there first I think . . . if I didn't have 4AWG from the battery running down the rocker panel under the trim.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:46 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2.0 G4GF-EG

You didn't search the forum aye

Here is my recent reply to the same question:

It works like this in the RD2:

Though I do not have heated seats the cable just runs there and in the center console you find the connectors for the optional heated seats. You can just hook up the standard cables to the buttons. Here is the DIY. It was actually made by another member, but I couldn't remember if he was on this site so i looked him up on another one.

Regarding whether there is enough power on this connection for powered and heated seats: Recaro told me you could connect their seats to it and just "bridge" the original switch connector to use the power which is then continually provided by the original cable.

Good luck