Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

polishing flat black factory mirrors

Old 03-27-2012, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 tib
Default polishing flat black factory mirrors

I recently purchased new replacement mirrors for both the driver and passenger side of my car. I was planning on having a rattle can of paint mixed to match my body color so I could paint them to match (as the old mirrors did) then spray em with clear-coat. however after I put one on to replace the old I kind of decided that I like the look of the mirrors installed black and unpainted. My only problem with it is that it is that flat black (as alot of replacement parts from stores are,) its not polished or anything, and I don't want them to fade and get sun bleached, plus I want them to be nice and shiny, not that dull flat black.

So my question to you guys here is how would I go about polishing them to make them shine? I would like it to be a permanent solution, I don't want to have to go out every so many months and re polish them to keep them looking nice and shiny. Should I polish them up real good and then spray a good layer of clear coat over them to keep em nice and shiny? what would you guys recommend?

any input is greatly appreciated! thanks!
Old 03-27-2012, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Why would you not paint and clear them, but do it black vs. body color?