Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Overheating

Old 07-27-2007, 11:27 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

yeah, it's prolly just air bubbles

get the air out and just keep topping it up
Old 07-27-2007, 05:16 PM

Ok yes I tried burping it.But the level of coolant never went down till fans kicked on.
Then i filled back up and there was bubbles coming to the top but never stopped,so dont
know if I did it right.
but I also see my fan in the front of radaitor is also pulling air like the the other one.
So how do I hook up that fan to push air instead of pulling?
Old 07-27-2007, 05:23 PM

Both fans are pulling.. as in the front fan is pulling air from the radiator side and blowing it towards the front of the car? That is your problem right there. You will need to cut and splice the leads to the fan to reverse them. (unless you can just reverse the plug.)

Cars run on DC power.. so if something is running backwards, you just reverse the ground and power leads.

Also, are you losing fluid at all?
Old 07-27-2007, 05:36 PM

No I dont see no leaks from losing coolant .
But both my fans are hooked up to the stock harness.
Now how do I make one push and one pull from same harness.
Do I just switch the wires on my front fan?
Old 07-27-2007, 06:01 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

^^^
lol.gif yea of course mang, just switch the polarity and test it out. the fan inside the engine bay has to be "pulling" and the one outside is the one "pushing"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (deestibo @ Jul 27 2007, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ok yes I tried burping it.But the level of coolant never went down till fans kicked on.
Then i filled back up and there was bubbles coming to the top but never stopped,so dont
know if I did it right.</div>

just keep filling er up man! it's an ongoing process
Old 07-27-2007, 07:08 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (deestibo @ Jul 27 2007, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>No I dont see no leaks from losing coolant .
But both my fans are hooked up to the stock harness.
Now how do I make one push and one pull from same harness.
Do I just switch the wires on my front fan?</div>
my plug was broken, and I had it plugged in backwards (so that the wires were swapped) and it was pushing the hot air from the engine bay into the radiator (only one fan, the other was working properly).

Swap the wires, and it'll make the fan turn the other way
Old 07-27-2007, 08:25 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

But if he felt it correctly, and i read it correctly, i believe one is pushing air into the engine bay while the other is pulling air out of the bay, which would make the air go in circles and not cool much, which could definatly be the problem
Old 07-27-2007, 09:31 PM

yeah alex your right the one in the engine bay pulls air out to engine bay while the other pulls out to front of car.
So I need to fix the one on the front of radaitor to push air in the rad,while other pulls out.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:04 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

sounds like a gunked up radiator to me. have had this happen on every car i have ever owned.

after years of use gunk kinda just forms in your radiator pluging the little alluminum fins. restricting water flow from moving through your engine and making your car overheat.

symptoms of gunk in your radiator are as followed: changing of thermostats with no luck, checking fluids often and finding there still full, checking everything cooling wise under the hood and finding nothing wrong, and even thinking maybe the gauge is wrong. these are all classic signs of pluged up radiator.

diagnosing: still not sure its "gunked up raidiator"? steps... a. take radiator hoses loose from radiator and empty radiator. b. stick water hose in top of radiator. c turn water on. d.is water flowwing out of your radiator as fast as u can put it in? if not you have a gunked radiator.

solutions: new radiator,used radiator,referbished radiator, or for you cheap bastards have it cleaned... yes there are radiator shops out there and this thing is there "bag".

so now that u know about gunked radiator u can help eliminate the gunk build up that plagues your beatiful cars and keeps you from looking like a dummy on the side of the road.

gl man fing02.gif lmao.gif
Old 07-27-2007, 10:39 PM

I dont think its a gunk radaitor,cause its farly new like a year old and only driven for like 6months
with it.
But if the switch of fan dont work ill try this.