Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

This One Has Me Stumped....

Old 09-02-2006, 04:37 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Ok...here's an interesing issue that JUST started today.

When my lights are on, my brake lights are all on (even when I'm not pressing the brakes)

When my lights are off, and I press the brake pedal, not only does the brake lights come on, but so do all the internal lights and driving lights.

Explain that one?

This JUST started today. Never had an issue until now. Obviously it sounds like it could be a short somewhere, but does anyone have any clue as to where I should even look to check? It could take forever going through the miles of wiring to try and find out where the problem is. mad.gif tongue.gif
Old 09-02-2006, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it sounds a little wierd but check your alternator because sometimes when they go, they will do wierd things to your electrical system
Old 09-03-2006, 12:36 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

easy... you replaced the brake light with a single bulb brake light instead of a double filiment. get the proper bulb and everything should work fine... your internal lights are being powered by the brake light.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:43 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

^ Good call!

It actually was that. It turned out to be one of my brake light bulbs was messed up., Switched it out for a new one and everything was good to go. cool.gif