Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

New to the site but in search of perfect exhaust sound

Old 08-31-2010, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2006/Hyundai/Tiburon
Post New to the site but in search of perfect exhaust sound

Hey people as the title says... I'm new here laugh.gif and I wanted to know if anyone saw on youtube a white Tibby with a borla exhaust system on it? The way it sounded was really amazing. High pitched almost like a ferrari or F1 car sounding. Here in South Africa Cape Town we dont have Borla or those kinda brands and ill have to import it which will cost A LOT of money to bring in. So I wanted to know if anyone knows a configuration for a custom exhaust system that can output a similar sound? I have a Tibby 2006 model 2L (Not V6).

One last question: Do you guys think that it maybe being a V6 has something to do with the sound as well?

Thanks in advance guys!

PS: What we do have in Cape Town is Powerflow exhaust systems. They told me ill need the configuration of that specific white tibby in order to customise an exhaust system to match the one I heard.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:42 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

depends on what sound you like I guess.

I like magnaflow stuff. deeper note though.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:43 AM

Vehicle: 2006/Hyundai/Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (supercow @ Aug 31 2010, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>depends on what sound you like I guess.

I like magnaflow stuff. deeper note though.</div>
I heard Magnaflow sounds really good. Deeper note does sound great, but I dont want my car to really sound to close to a V8 kind of deep note.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:29 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Tiburon

Magnaflow mufflers can give you some really nice sound, although I've noticed that without a resonator they can end up being kinda harsh on the street. I put a Magnaflow 14318 on my BMW, and I loved the sound, especially since you could rev the thing to the sky and back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrWOaKEjvZE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZbrQR3CLpo

The videos don't give it justice, especially the idle. It was rumbly and deep, especially if you were standing behind the vehicle.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:37 AM

Vehicle: 2001 tiburon

if you like the deep note sound but dont want it sounding like a v8 i found dc sport to be pretty good thats what i have on mine.. with custom headers sounds pretty sick its a deep sound but not to deep. the way mine is set up it is the loudest around 2.5-3 rpms and you hear all motor after that. that might be do too the motor work i have done to it. not sure every one where i am from drive honda civic's which i am not a big fan of haha. but its really all about hearing it and finding the right sound.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:17 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

upon hearing my tib with the magnaflow everyone assumes it's a v6. But the average person associates honda buzz with a 4 cylinder opened up exhaust. I think it sounds awesome, very happy with it. After some cheap exhaust parts the nicer one's really are worth it as far as sound goes.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:10 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Hyundai/Coupe 2.0l SE

Add a CAI to a stock car then follow up with a universal backbox(muffler) with a 4" exit making sure the box is 9" shorter than the stock pipe so extend with an 8.5" length then fit a wet shot NoS kit, make sure your drivers window is down along with your stereo, next find a nice long straight and wail on the loud pedal now listen. Result? The most sexual sounding exhaust note! It sounds so good it'll make you hard lol!!
Old 09-30-2010, 09:29 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CypherGate @ Aug 31 2010, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Hey people as the title says... I'm new here laugh.gif and I wanted to know if anyone saw on youtube a white Tibby with a borla exhaust system on it? The way it sounded was really amazing. High pitched almost like a ferrari or F1 car sounding. Here in South Africa Cape Town we dont have Borla or those kinda brands and ill have to import it which will cost A LOT of money to bring in. So I wanted to know if anyone knows a configuration for a custom exhaust system that can output a similar sound? I have a Tibby 2006 model 2L (Not V6).

One last question: Do you guys think that it maybe being a V6 has something to do with the sound as well?

Thanks in advance guys!

PS: What we do have in Cape Town is Powerflow exhaust systems. They told me ill need the configuration of that specific white tibby in order to customise an exhaust system to match the one I heard.</div>

Hi cyphergate!!get yourself a viper/wildcat branch, with a 57 mm decat exhaust.unless u wanna spend some big bucks importing a system from overseas, that u wont get for like 6 months.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:39 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

get the lonest possible glasspacks. only problem i had was i couldn't find anything stainless that was all that long, so i had to buy two shorter ones :/