Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

New to the forum but some customization love...

Old 08-06-2010, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default New to the forum but some customization love...

Hey guys and gals...
I am new to this forum as I just acquired my first Hyundai ever an 01 tiburon. And I will be looking to make it go faster and corner better as I love to autocross and hit the track so hopefully when my cash flow improves I will have some fun mods and pictures to come up.
Anyways I am happy the Tiburon has decent aftermarket support and I will probably be using as much of it as I can. But from previous experience with cars that don't have soo much love I have to plug my favorite customization site *hope that is ok with the mods on here*
It is called emachineshop.com all one word. If you like autocad (which I do) you can download it for free from their site and make whatever part you could imagine, I have made custom intake manifolds for civics, turbo flange adapters for lots of cars, and lots of little mounting things that just make fitting things easier. So if you need somethign custom and are good with autocad and understand what materials work for different things it is a worthy site to checkout. And if they charge an arm and a leg you can take your diagrams to a local machine shop who might be able to do it cheaper. Like aluminum or delrin bushings. So have fun with it. And I hope to learn and share with you all in the near future.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:34 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Good luck with your build up and let us know if you have any questions about uprading the car to make it perform and handle better.

Thanks for the website link. I'm sure some people here will probably use it. smile.gif
Old 08-06-2010, 03:57 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Hmm...I may end up using that site. Since I have been using AutoCAD for 17 years now designing parts will be no problem.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

You have me beat by experience! I am still looking at the aftermarket for our Tibs and compared to my last couple of cars I am impressed. Biggest question now is who makes the best coilovers for these cars? All I have found is the EBAY brand names and while they work for show cars they don't usually hold up well on tough track days. I've been reading on here about korean suppliers but who ships to the USA?