Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

New Exhaust Installed

Old 05-21-2009, 11:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon 5spd

I totally hear you Dark Shark, I'm used to driving around my stang with true duals into two Flowmaster 40s that immediately dumped right before the rear axle. Actually, I've still got a pic around here...

At idle, the rumble was gorgeous, just driving around town was almost a sexual affair with that car. It resonated into your very soul. Friends and family always knew when I was on my way... So yes, I know exactly the joy of the flowmaster. The only thing that sucked was exactly what zoned019 mentioned, you couldn't talk on the phone for anything. Having passengers sucked too, since conversations were sort of difficult at that volume level. I had put some cash into the stereo, so it played over the exhaust quite well, but stock it couldn't have kept up at all. People occasionally thought I was trying to start a race, and that kinda sucked, but everyone knew who was in charge when I got on the throttle. I drove it for three years, loved every minute of it.

This time around, I think I'll stick with the Dynomax Super Turbo. I'd rather go for an understated exhaust than a loud one. If you feel like parting with your old Dynomax, let me know, I'll be happy to take it off your hands. smile.gif