Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

My New Magnaflow And Exhaust

Old 01-27-2006, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

dang, i must have missed this the first time around, I was looking at those magnaflows yesterday. now it's settled, thats what i'm getting!

Thats sounds great for not having at resonator!

how is the pipe ran? up and over the rear or under the tank?
Old 01-27-2006, 01:18 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

TIBMIN! you should have asked me about the flex tube! you gotta get a flex pipe, i had my exhaust with no flex pipe and it sounded great, but then after about 1-1.5 months a crack had formed from the engine rocking and the nasty road conditions around here corroded it right off at the crack, and it fell off right under the back seat, after that the cat and glasspack was only being supported by the welds on the pipe and one hanger so it broke off at the dump tube. exhaust = 3 pieces. Get a flex tube on there asap before you throw money away. Mine might have happened so soon because im turboed but i wouldnt risk it, and you can get cheap flex pipes from a site for cheap, ill look for the address for you.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:23 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

My exhaust cracked even with a friking flexpipe >.< I didnt have the center supported though
Old 01-27-2006, 02:44 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

haha thanks for lookin out for me alex! wink1.gif fortunately, I did buy a flex pipe since then. It actually sitting in the next room, Im going to have the shop weld it in for me when they make my downpipe for my turbo. I dont think its too much of a big deal now, but after the turbo I figured it would probably be easier on both my manifold and the exhaust piping if I got a flex section.

and supercow- the pipe replaced the stock exhaust almost exactly, so up and over the rear as you put it