Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

My Exhaust Setup

Old 08-09-2007, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I purhased an Evofusion catback from ericy321, and the obx/ssauto headers. I also have a hi-flow cat to be installed with them. Here's a pic of what I have...

Now to my questions...I'm aware I have two o2 sensors, one before and one after the cat. So with the new system, does it matter where I put the first one? There's a spot for it on the headers, as well as the downpipe. Then, thanks to ericy321 there's an o2 sensor spot in the piping of the catback. So second one would go there, I cound't find anything on extending o2 sensors, I was told I'd need to extend the second o2 sensor, will any shop be able to extend the o2 sensor, and will I have to buy extra wire to extend it with or would they have everything to do it?

Lastly comes CEL, the first sensor I was told would be fine since it's before the cat, and I bought an ebay o2 sensor simulator for the second one, if that's what I do would I get a CEL?

I really appreciate any help and advice you guys have to offer. My apologies if any of this is a double-post I just need some clarification on everything because I'm dying to get all of this put on. Thanks again!
Old 08-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Banned

first of all thats a test pipe.. not a high flow cat.. if you install that on your car AS IS, its going to sound like a weedwacker trying to kill bumble bees in a tin can.. basically itll sound like absolute CRAP.

you need to get a REAL cat. EDIT: is that the REAL cat in that bag, and you just have testpipe on the flexpipe temporarily?

you will also want to put an inline glasspack in the straight portion of the exhaust.

if you dont do the above, be prepared to have your car buzzing all around town, and sound worse than any honda you could dream up..

anyway, moving on to your real questions..

first one goes BEFORE cat. second one needs extended and to go after cat. or if your o2 simulator works it doesn't matter if you put the sensor into the car.

you should be able to extend your o2 sensor by yourself. just get another ft or so of wire for each, cut it, splice it, solder it, shrink wrap.. and BAMMM you extended your o2 sensor.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:55 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Or any shop that won't get their panties in a bunch about you removing the primary cat should be able to extend it for you for a few bucks if you question your wiring skills. With that setup you shouldn't have to worry about any cels.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:00 PM

Thanks for the help so far...so, socks, are you saying I should not have the test pipe in there at all and purchase a cat? What cat would you recomend for a lower budget? Also what glasspack? Thanks again
Old 08-09-2007, 08:02 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Didn't you say you purchased a high flow cat to be installed with them already? Or did you think the test pipe was one?
Old 08-09-2007, 08:06 PM

Yea I thought the test pipe was one (it said cat on the box, and ebay auctions with pictures of those say hi-flow cat)
Old 08-09-2007, 08:21 PM

For cats I would recommend Carsound Magnaflow Hi-Flow cat from ebay, seller: performancepeddler.

Now for a glasspack go with Thrush from summitracing.com

Good luck wink1.gif
Old 08-09-2007, 08:22 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Dont get a glasspack! They suck mah ballz! Get something good such as a 4" round, 22" long Magnaflow muffler. The stainless inside will not get hotspots like my glasspack did. Plus I virtually have no buzz and its deep but could be quieter but thats becuase I have a cannon on the back. You can get em for about $65. Just put it in the middle of that long mid-pipe and your good to go. Magnaflow Muffler
Old 08-09-2007, 08:27 PM
Banned

an inline muffler would be best. but a high quality glasspack will work great too. go to jegs.com for both.

what that thing wrapped in bubble wrap if thats not a cat?
Old 08-09-2007, 09:00 PM

It's another test pipe.

So I would have a shop put that magnaflow muffler in the middle of the straight part?

Also are you suggesting I get the muffler, and the cat? And then not use the test pipe at all?

Thanks again for the help guys!