Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Mods that help you when you have a turbo?

Old 09-06-2004, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Turbo
Default Re: Going to Capital Raceway Tonight (1/4 time will be up 9/

ok here´s the deal, I´m interested in starting on buying stuff for my tib to end with buying a turbo kit. Now first since I don´t have allot of cash I want to start backwards sort of speak. So I would like recomendations of the following

First of I want to buy a Catback exaust 2.5", high flow cat, and the parts to have ready to conect to the turbo manifold (this could also be done after I already have the turbo kit, since not all manifolds come in the same position or size), also parts to conect with my stock setup since the cat has to be welded right? A friend of mine told me about the blitz R something catback, but I doubt they make for the tib. I´m looking for not too much noise over stock, but know that when the turbo is installed it acts as a silencer "eating" up 1/3 of the noise. this is what I want to buy this year.

After that I would like to buy a big break kit wich I allways have the question if it will work with my ABS. last before the turbo I would like to buy some coilovers, I have seen that H&R and Tein have them for the tib but got no idea what type would be best for me, I just want better handling without sacificing allot of confort, but enought so that I have some security that I´m not going to go out of the curve (yeah not saying I want to take a curve at 100 that normally you start hearing your tires at 65), there is also the option of buying stiffer springs and adjustable shocks, dunno what would be best. and ofcourse, lastly the turbo kit.
Old 09-06-2004, 04:23 PM

Default Re: Reference books on tuning the details in turbos

those all seem like typical mods. I was thinking you want something that would help your car with forced induction in general. A Big Brake Kit is a waste of money IMO. Im doing fine with two front rotors and rear drums on my elantra.
But if you want stuff that will help your turbo's performance get things that will help cooling such as an oil cooler, a 160 degree thermostat if you can find one, higher flow radiator fans.

Also mods that help the flow of exhaust are great too. But you are already on that track with the catback. Just make sure your DP is at least 2.5". You'll also want to get some gauges. Best ones to get are EGT, Water Temp, Oil pressure and Boost.
Old 09-06-2004, 04:47 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: Stainless Steel Brake Lines GB #3

I agree with Dweet. Some things you don't really need right away. If you do want to upgrade your suspension (which I suggest to handle the extra power) I say screw the coilovers, I find that they are stiff and give you a bad ride. I installed some B&G Suspension springs and KYB Gas Shocks. My tibby rides like a dream.

As for your original question, I would suggest to start looking for upgrades on your turbo setup. Most of the time you get stuff that's just to get you by. You know, stuff that works good, but there is always better. Blowoff valves, wastegates, maybe even a larger intercooler?? Depends on what you want. Exhaust upgrade is a definite.
Old 09-06-2004, 05:07 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: Radar Detector

real coilovers would ride good. wink.gif
Old 09-06-2004, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Steering wheel removal?

ok, so it would just do If I bought some sloted ABS rotors, or just do the sonata v6 tib brake swap to have a 2 piston caliper?
I have no Idea what catback is good and comes in 2.5" for the tib that doesn´t let ppl know I´m coming half a mile away, also a generic highflow cat will do the job? or do I have to buy something in particular...

The oil cooler can be bought before the turbo kit, but got no idea how to instal one, were it goes, or if there are any specially made to bolt up to the tibs (lol Im lazy I know)

thanx for your answeres ppl....

*DOUBLE POSTER!!!*

k I´ve been searching and found these

Oil cooler
http://www.dragracing.com/category_product...ts.asp?catid=47

Fan, although I don´t know if the ones they have to choose could be called slim
http://www.dragracing.com/product.asp?prod...=2394&catid=159

although I didn´t find any cat backs, just mufflers...
Old 09-06-2004, 07:51 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: DIY Clear corners in 30 minutes

Cuervo, don't double post man.

Use the FREAKING EDIT BUTTON.

oops.gif evil.gif
Old 09-06-2004, 09:18 PM

Default Re: I wanna paint my interior

Hey cuervo, i was thinking of buying an oil cooler, and I know how install one, well i know how in the automatic,.... and about the turbo how much time are you going to think you will be able to buy!?

I want to put a turbo in my car too but I wanted to be the first one, but now i see that i´m not going to be the first.......lol
Old 09-08-2004, 11:46 AM

Default Re: Rear Fog light install help

lol I was thinking of buying the speed factor one, but its long term, maybe by the end of next year, and before I'll buy the stuff i'm saying first.
The oil cooler is instaled the same be it an auto or a manual trany, so you mean the oil cooler for the auto trany oil?....

O and sorry for the double post, I was thinking of editing but I took 20 mins between each post so I thought it was ok... anywayz ltrz
Old 09-08-2004, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Blown Clutch?

if you have an auto tranny you are borderlined screwed to put out some real power unless you do a swap to manual. The oil cooler I was refering to was for motor oil. I dont know the best place to tap one into the Beta for because I havent really looked into boosting it as of late. Maybe check webtech and see if they have any fluid flow diagram. Or just use common sense.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:23 PM

Default Re: Blown Clutch?

ohhh.... Dweet was refering the oil cooler to the engine.... i I know how can install in the Tranny.... so put the oil cooler to the motor oil sound tough.... but If we investigate, i know we can find how can install it...

One question!!!..... install the oil cooler, is better for the engine or for the auto tranny?!....

someona said to me that it´ll better to the tranny install a oil cooler, but nobody said install to the motor oil?!...