Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

MBRP V6 exhaust

Old 05-13-2003, 05:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MBRP V6 exhaust

So how is it? I REALLY like the price (importshark.com $527.92)!! Everyone elses exhaust systems are around $800 give or take $150 which is a bit pricey for me. Yeah i know it's going to include two mufflers but hey, does it really need to cost $800??

My main concern is loudness. I like crusing with as little sound as possible. I do a lot of highway driving and do wish to maintain quite crusing decibles, not an ear splitting headache from the loud droning associated with "aftermarket exausts". Here's a pic of it.

I've noticed that the "Y" junction is closer to the front of the car than most systems as many other systems try to mimic the stock location of this "Y" junction (which isn't a bad thing) but i'm assuming the more straighter MBRP design improves power but i'm worried about the sound.

I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone with this exhaust (V6 only duh) could post an accurate recording or direct me to a V6 recording. The reason why i say accurate is the recording available on www.speedstate.com is the same from the GK I4 to GKV6. So which one am i hearing??? I just have a feeling it's going to be too loud. frown

[ May 13, 2003, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: Koreandude ]
Old 05-13-2003, 09:56 AM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

There is a Tuscani here with it installed on it ... it is the most amazing sound I've ever heard.

No word of a lie it sounds like a ferrari. Not loud at all, just very 'refined' and clean sounding.

under full load it has a really aggressive sound but not in the least bit crackly and ricey.
Old 05-13-2003, 11:03 AM

What Neo_Tib said smile.gif
I'll email it to the Owner and ask him to tell you yourself.
We know what the v6 sounds like,... waiting on one for the 4cyl to see how it sounds,... right Neo_Tib wink lol
Old 05-13-2003, 11:43 AM

Wow thats exciting news!!! I'll definitley have to order it then! The simlie face ratings for products listed at www.importshark.com were VERY high for this cat-back and i must say, a refined sound and competitive price just sold me on it!

Anyone know where i can grab it for the price importshark.com lists it for? ($527.92....as you all know they don't sell some of the products they list)

The supplied link under $527.92 takes me to speedstate.com however they sell it for $592.14. Still a good deal but not as good as $527.92! bow_down
Old 05-13-2003, 02:41 PM

Hi there, I'm the guy with the yellow Tuscani with the MBRP exhaust. It sounds great from the outside - but the noise inside took a bit of getting used to. Say goodbye to interior serenity. Highway driving isn't bad, but in the city with the windows down you have to crank the CD player up to hear anything.

Performance-wise, I did notice quite a difference with the exhaust.

You should get it - and make every civic fart-cannon owner cry.
evil_gri
Old 11-24-2009, 02:32 PM

Vehicle: 2008/hyundai/tiburon gt

where can i get the mbrp system for a 08 tiburon gt
Old 11-24-2009, 02:37 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Have you contacted Import Shark.com? They might be able to get it for you. smile.gif