Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

MAP-ecu

Old 02-17-2005, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAP-ecu

ive done a little research and found a that everybody that has this installed, loves it. it seems like it really works, only i dont think it can adjust timing. so if i was to install an msd then i would have total control and all my stock sensors with only half the wiring (not familiar with msd at all, but i will be). or would standalone be better? (obviously, i plan on going turbo)

batman, did you ever get the map-ecu?? i saw your post

http://www.mapecu.com/merchant/index.shtml

this link has very in depth info

http://www.performancemotorresearch.co.nz/...z/software.html
Old 02-17-2005, 06:06 PM

Holy hell, did you look at the price? $895, you can get a standalone for that price (saw a prs-8 go for $500 I believe) and get a whole lot more tunability (including complete timing adjustability). With our ECU, even with an MSD, I don't think you can adjust timing more than 7 degrees without a CEL, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, there's a DIY somewhere showing how to convert a MAF car to MAP using an SMT-6, which would cost a lot less, if that's what you are going for.
Old 02-19-2005, 03:58 PM

im not too familiar with the smt-6 but this would give you a whole lot more control over the fuel mixture and can data log an afr controller.... and i heard there are a whole lot of wires involved with the smt-6.... i think