Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Lotsa Problems With The Car

Old 08-09-2006, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

Hey!

A few things have just stopped working on the car recently & I'm hoping someone here can help.

1. Central locking just stopped working about a week ago. It's a pain as it means reaching over to lock/unlock the passenger door. Also, if I forget to lock it manually it could pose a security risk.

2. Got a replacement alarm key-fob a couple of weeks ago (second-hand from ebay.UK) after not having used my busted one for ages: I swapped the internals out & it worked fine at first but then stopped working a couple of days later. I assumed it was the battery so I changed it but still no worky.

3. Just noticed a few days ago that the rear windscreen demister is not working. It sorta worked a day or so later... then stopped working again... so it kinda works intermittantly.

4. Intermittant settings of the front wipers stopped working a couple of days ago. The normal & fast speeds work fine but the intermittant speeds don't.

N.B.: For the last month or so the weather has been torrential one or two days & then beautiful the next. A bad seal around my driver's side window has caused my driver's side footwell to litterally pool rain water (up to a litre at a time... no shit) during the stormy night on 3 occasions. I've sorta dried it out but there's this funky wet dog smell in the car now & really bad condensation on the windows when the weather heats up... I'm worried all the moisture is fvcking with the car's electrics sad.gif

Does anybody know what fuses &/or wiring should I be looking at?

Any help would be greatly appreciated fing02.gif
Old 08-09-2006, 08:35 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

that's so wierd. maybe it has something to do with the alarm that was installed. my second lock just stopped working all of the sudden too. i'll let you know what it might be next time i go to my guy.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:39 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OzFxCoupe @ Aug 10 2006, 01:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>1. Central locking just stopped working about a week ago. It's a pain as it means reaching over to lock/unlock the passenger door. Also, if I forget to lock it manually it could pose a security risk.</div>

door lock actuator more than likely they tend to go out
will run you about 80 bux if i remember correctly

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OzFxCoupe @ Aug 10 2006, 01:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>2. Got a replacement alarm key-fob a couple of weeks ago (second-hand from ebay.UK) after not having used my busted one for ages: I swapped the internals out & it worked fine at first but then stopped working a couple of days later. I assumed it was the battery so I changed it but still no worky.</div>

does the light still come on? if anything the programming was changed could be from being in your pocket happens with nissans all the time

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OzFxCoupe @ Aug 10 2006, 01:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>3. Just noticed a few days ago that the rear windscreen demister is not working. It sorta worked a day or so later... then stopped working again... so it kinda works intermittantly.</div>

check the fuse they are in the driver side kick panel just pull them ALL out and check to see if they work(demister = wiper right? i cant remember...)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OzFxCoupe @ Aug 10 2006, 01:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>4. Intermittant settings of the front wipers stopped working a couple of days ago. The normal & fast speeds work fine but the intermittant speeds don't.
N.B.: For the last month or so the weather has been torrential one or two days & then beautiful the next. A bad seal around my driver's side window has caused my driver's side footwell to litterally pool rain water (up to a litre at a time... no shit) during the stormy night on 3 occasions. I've sorta dried it out but there's this funky wet dog smell in the car now & really bad condensation on the windows when the weather heats up... I'm worried all the moisture is fvcking with the car's electrics sad.gif
Does anybody know what fuses &/or wiring should I be looking at?

Any help would be greatly appreciated fing02.gif</div>

again the fuse panel is near the drivers side so its possible that the fuse box got wet just pull them out one at a time and see if they are blown and its also possible that it caused a open in the wiper switch itself you might have to get a multifuction switch(the wiper switch...) those are easy to replace but are kinda spensive
Old 08-09-2006, 08:49 PM

Cheers mate fing02.gif

I'll check all those things as soon as I get a spare minute.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:58 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Door lock actuators are like 8 bucks on ebay.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:05 PM

Your wipers.. do they still self park when you turn them off?
Old 08-10-2006, 01:26 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

check fuses, maybe somewhere you need to clean wiring?
Old 08-10-2006, 05:48 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Aug 10 2006, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Door lock actuators are like 8 bucks on ebay.</div>
I'll look into those. Cheers.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mad-Machine @ Aug 10 2006, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Your wipers.. do they still self park when you turn them off?</div>
Not sure what you mean by that... I'll check them tomorrow.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dmitry @ Aug 10 2006, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>check fuses, maybe somewhere you need to clean wiring?</div>
Will do when I get a minute tomorrow as well mate fing02.gif
Old 08-10-2006, 09:18 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

my locks would turn on and off randomly until they just stopped working altogether. i'll check for sure with my mechanic when he puts on my eibachs.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:24 PM

Vehicle: Hyosung GT650

Tim try this part

I think this is what's wrong with my car (car locks by itself and demister no worky) but I haven't changed it as it's 1 of the parts Mad John is suposed to be sending me.