Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Lost In Ignorance

Old 07-24-2006, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exhaust 101 was exceptionally cool and informative. What I can't seem to find through a search or that article is for us cash strapped individuals. Where should I start in upgrading my exhaust system if I want to slowly migrate from stock. Do the headers first (Maintec) and work from the engine compartment to the tip, or start by getting a quality catback system and muffler installed, and grab the headers and AEM CAI later. You only do things once so quality comes first and I'll try and do er right in steps. Lastly I keep seeing the words MBRP but on ebay motors and on their site I saw no Hyundai applications, have they dropped this part of their lineup or did I miss somethin? Thx ppl.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:07 PM

Cold Air intake
Exhaust (2.5" tubing) get it done by a local muffler shop. buy a magnaflow muffler
Headers (obx for 180) or spend 400-600 on other headers. kinda pointless to spend that much if you ask me....look in flyryde secion for the headers hes making. $400- with ceramic coating.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:28 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

go with the flyryde headers and might as well get the flyryde catback as well. its a copy of the best exhaust made for us (apexi n1) for a lot cheaper and he can sell you a highflow cat that will go with it and if needed he said he would include wire extensions for o2 sensors. i think that would be the way to go for sure. Custom exhaust is alright but flyrydes will looks, sound, perform better. pm chris (blacktibs) about it.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:48 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai Sonata

and remember the guy's in Canada where they charge you an arm and a leg for custom anything (including custom exhaust)

you'll be far better off with buying Flyryde exhaust (soon for sale)
Old 07-27-2006, 07:53 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jgrove111 @ Jul 25 2006, 06:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Where should I start in upgrading my exhaust system if I want to slowly migrate from stock.</div>
CAI & cat-back using 2.25" mandrel-bent piping. BBTB & bored IM. Then maybe a header & hi-flow catalytic convertor.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jgrove111 @ Jul 25 2006, 06:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Lastly I keep seeing the words MBRP but on ebay motors and on their site I saw no Hyundai applications, have they dropped this part of their lineup or did I miss somethin?</div>
The MBRP exhaust is no longer available for our cars... it was touted as being the best one for the RD (at the time) so it's a bit of a shame.