Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Just ordered headers...

Old 02-23-2005, 07:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just ordered headers...

It will probably take a couple of weeks im sure. So until then i am going to be spraying the crap out of the heat shield with some liquid wrench to get that off and then the headers bolts. I have replaced a manifold gasket before wo this cant be much harder. smile.gif But I have couple of questions.

Is there anything that gets in the way that i should take off prior to installing?

And any precautions I should take?
Old 02-23-2005, 08:21 AM

You're probably gonna have to remove the power steering bracket to get the the first bolt on the manifold and might have to remove the radiator fan and loose the bolts from the stock flex pipe as you will probably have to remove it...at least I did. It's nothing extremely difficult and you should be able to do it. I just removed my 4-2-1 header Monday and busted a few nuckles and bruised my hip but, other then that, no problem
Old 02-23-2005, 08:47 AM

haha. cant wait. thanks!
Old 02-23-2005, 08:53 AM

You also need to make sure the position of your o2 sensors is correct. Is needs to go Sensor 1->CAT->Sensor 2
Old 02-23-2005, 09:52 AM

I don't know what exhaust you have on now or what header you ordered, but you might have to take a trip to the muffler shop so they can make any adjustments to your existing exhaust to the new flex pipe and header..
Old 02-23-2005, 09:54 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CyberShark)</div><div class='quotemain'>You might have to take a trip to the muffler shop so they can make any adjustments to your existing exhaust to the new flex pipe and header..I'm assuming you didn't order a whole exhaust system.</div>

Not really...... OBX, SSA, KRd and all come with a flex pipe. They all bolt right up to your second cat. No need to go to a muffler shop for that. The only time you will need to go to a shop is it you do not have an o2 bung after the 2nd cat. If you dont then you will need to get a bung welded onto the exhaust after the cat and then extend your second sensor to that bung.