Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Impressions: New Ark Exhaust

Old 07-22-2007, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

well, i got videos of before and after the thrush resonator replacement, but you can't really tell if there is a difference. i took them fromt he same distance, but they are both so close that the mic on the camera doesnt pick the sound up that good. i'll get a better video later. personally i think it's a bit quieter, and the day after i replaced it my boss who is always joking about how loud my car was asked me if i fixed the exhaust without me saying anything about having messed with it.

interesting note though, the stock resonator on my exhaust was in fact perforated, it was only about half the size of my thrush though. plus the thrush is so cheap that i think it is definitely worth it to try in your case. total spent on my 2.5"exhaust+header+thrush comes out to around 250 total, and i think it sounds pretty good.

some pics...

Old 07-24-2007, 07:56 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

In the 3rd pic...
WTF is that big thing you have before your glasspack? Is that a cat?
Old 07-24-2007, 11:45 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

yeah, the stock second cat.