Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Im in a rut

Old 03-31-2005, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im in a rut

Ok, as of right now, i have exhaust, 4-1 header, 58 mm throttle body, all new pulleys, and intake. I want to do cams next for sure. I also someday would like a intake manifold but I dont have the cash for that right now. I'm not sure what else to do - any suggestions? Something fairly cheap (no more than $300) because trust me, turbo is on there too but I really dont have money for that. I dunno what else to do!
Old 03-31-2005, 02:19 PM

If I were you, I would save up for what you really want. In this case, it seems like you really want and intake manifold and I'm guessing you're talking about the AirRam.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:23 PM

of course - for that tho, i'm waiting for my tax returns smile.gif
Old 03-31-2005, 05:13 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

To really feel the difference of higher cams, your going to need that intake manifold ported out. That should be well under $300 for someone to do it for you, or you can do it yourself if you pick up a die grinder and some bits to do it yourself, for probably $150. And you get the experience of doing it yourself.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:36 PM

basically, you know what you want... I would save the money and get it. There is no more satisfying feeling that you bought something you really wanted and did NOT have to settle for something else. It is even a better feeling when you worked towards it for a while.