Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

I Blew Up My Freakin' Intake!

Old 05-20-2007, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUvkX3uH6Fc
Old 05-20-2007, 10:56 AM

^^^ Holy shit, haha. You see the damage that caused at the end of the vid?
Old 05-22-2007, 02:28 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

fast and the furious' danger-to-manifold-paul-walker-thing... lol.gif laugh2.gif

so, after all that, you got was just one cel for the maf? and the car was running normally?

can you check and see if the maf film or anything inside has been compromised?

i got a high voltage maf (or something around that) cel once (turbo overboosted... i think it spiked at 18psi or higher, not sure) but i just did a reset and verything is fine... maybe your maf is still fine... just keep it as a spare, i guess
Old 05-22-2007, 02:34 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

^^^ your lucky the floorboards in the car, didnt pop out !!! LOL
Old 05-22-2007, 02:41 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ Yeah, you should have seen me bail from the car after the explosion.... NAAAAAAAWWWWWWZZZZZ!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jay-M @ May 22 2007, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>fast and the furious' danger-to-manifold-paul-walker-thing... lol.gif laugh2.gif

so, after all that, you got was just one cel for the maf? and the car was running normally?

can you check and see if the maf film or anything inside has been compromised?

i got a high voltage maf (or something around that) cel once (turbo overboosted... i think it spiked at 18psi or higher, not sure) but i just did a reset and verything is fine... maybe your maf is still fine... just keep it as a spare, i guess</div>

The 3 blades were at different angles. I think the film got messed up. I thoroughly examined it though. I even cleaned it with electronics cleaner (maf cleaner). It was busted. I reset the battery and reset the codes with the reader. Nothing worked.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:16 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

yeah, i guess that is it for the maf!!! thanks for the info about the kia interchangeability... btw, (i know it's the same part#) does it look the same as the old one? something new/different about it?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (loneshark @ May 22 2007, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>^^^ your lucky the floorboards in the car, didnt pop out !!! LOL</div>

that is exactly one of my life's most intriguing questions that i'm looking and answer for "why in the hell wtf.gif did those aluminum florboards pop out???" "what is it's connection to the danger-to-manifold thing???" why???? monkey1.gif lol.gif
Old 05-22-2007, 03:49 PM
DTN

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jay-M @ May 22 2007, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>yeah, i guess that is it for the maf!!! thanks for the info about the kia interchangeability... btw, (i know it's the same part#) does it look the same as the old one? something new/different about it?</div>
It looks exactally the same as the old one, but it has a KIA logo on it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>that is exactly one of my life's most intriguing questions that i'm looking and answer for "why in the hell wtf.gif did those aluminum florboards pop out???" "what is it's connection to the danger-to-manifold thing???" why???? monkey1.gif lol.gif</div>
It's about as intriguing as the whole tank of nitrous being used up in 10 seconds, or how the dude needed "2 tanks, the big ones" for one race. My single tank (medium size) lasts about 10-15 minutes.

Or using the Nitrous "too soon". You'll get most performance out of using nitrous throughout the entire run. It adds HP regardless of speed.

F&F was artsy. It gave people alot of misunderstandings about everything in a car.

So doing the math here, 50HP in 900 secconds, = 45000 HP seconds. Multiply by 2 tanks =90,000 HP seconds. Divide by the total seconds it was used, 10 seconds.

So i'm guessing he was pushing around a 9,000HP shot of nitrous. It makes sence that the floor panel fell out.

Maybe more, that's if he was using 2 of the same tanks I use. But he had the "big ones"
Old 05-22-2007, 07:38 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Yea those 9k shots always worry me by using it up to fast you know 4 tanks does the trick. cool.gif laugh.gif

I saw that vid a while ago, good thing your car is ok.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:58 PM
DTN

Oh yea, i forgot to mention, i won a set of like 30 C-clamps, vice clamps, clamp clamps of all sizes. No trophy, but some clamps.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:09 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

you one a set of clamps??? huh ??? where ?