Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

How Should I Go About Adjusting Stereo EQ?

Old 10-23-2012, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Tiburon GT
Default How Should I Go About Adjusting Stereo EQ?

I have an Alpine head unit, Inifinity speakers front and rear running of the head unit, a JL audio amp and a 12" JL audio sub. Im having a hard time adjusting the equalizer settings on the stereo, I cant seem to get the sound adjusted so that the subs dont drown out the mids and highs from the speakers...all I can do right now to get both good thump and clear audio is adjust the subs amp bass boost all the way down, gain midway, and put the low frequency on the stereo up but this also creates a lot of bass through the speakers which can cause distortion and Im worried it'll destroy the speakers...I just want a thump I can feel from the subs while getting the clear mids and highs from the speakers, I want little bass from the speakers. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:47 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

You can install 'bass blockers' inline on the speaker wires that you don't want to have bass from. They're basically just little cheap resistors.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Capacitors, but close enough. Get the bass frequencies that are handled by the subs, out of the highs speakers. Then adjust gain on the sub amp as required. If you have too much mid-bass from the sub, block that too.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:33 AM

meh if it was me, id power the infinity speakers off of a separate amp

your pushing like 300+ rms to the sub(at least)

expect your door speakers to cope with having like 20 rms

im positive you can find like a 75x4 watt amp for under 150 bux, probably even cheaper than that

then you can use the high pass filter built into the amp to block some of the bass from goin to the door speakers
Old 10-25-2012, 06:58 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Fun factoid: almost all car audio, highs and subs together, is less than 10 Watts total power to the speakers. The 300 is for when you want to rattle your fillings.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:37 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I agree with Faith. Purchase another amp for your door speakers and enjoy true clear (cleaner) audio!
Old 11-19-2012, 04:46 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2.0 G4GF-EG

Could you be a bit more specific about the headunit?

I had a similar issue which was solved by getting the settings right. If you provide more info on the headunit I might be able to figure something out or point you to the chapters in the manual.

If you are fine with the volume you are getting out of your speakers at the moment there is no need to buy an amp for the front and rear speakers (though I do disagree with the fun Stocker's fun factoid ). That will just relocate the problem.