Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

How do I increase fueling?

Old 10-17-2010, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: F2 Evolution
Default How do I increase fueling?

I got warp21s twin throttle bodies set-up and running in the car, yesterday had it set-up on diagnostics by the UKs only professional Hyundai tuner, and its running to lean, his suggestions were either just use 1TB, or get the fuel in as quick as the air, and I'm potentially sitting on lots of extra power.
So whats the best thing to fit to get the fuel going in quicker?
Old 10-17-2010, 01:48 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

well, pretty much the only way to increase fuel is with a fuel tuner

if your sticking NA (and the comment of "sitting on lots of extra power" is laughable when your NA) you can probably hit the cheap route of a SAFC.

would be nice if you could adjust timing though
Old 10-17-2010, 02:51 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

You do realize dual TB just moves your power line up wards and leaves you with nothing down low.

Your heads don't flow enough for twin tb's....its just a bling bling part.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Soooooo . . . you get a *good* shop to work over a head, and when you install it . . .

Bigger injectors and an AEM F/IC!
Old 10-17-2010, 11:36 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Problem is the valve sizes/cam. It's not aggressive. You need to force air in.....through a turbo.

Getting anything over 170whp N/A will have you spending just as much money as a level entry turbo kit that can lend you 250whp.

Anyhow, getting a bit off topic. Do what you want, you just need a fuel tuner and bigger injectors/bigger pump (190lph)
Old 10-18-2010, 02:59 AM

Vehicle: F2 Evolution

Turbos aren't readily available in the UK as cheap as there are to you, you're loooking at nearly $10K to get it installed and set-up right. If I had that money I'd put a deposit on a TSiii.
So far this set-up has cost me around $500, I'm looking at around the same again, then add an aftermarket ecu and get it mapped after that.
And as for adding it up the top, ok its not running perfect yet, but its added it down low, where I was missing it, just can't get it to fuel right over 4krpm.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:49 AM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

If you can get a Aem Fic, And some 310cc or 440cc Green tops, should be plenty plenty fuel.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:18 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Hyundai/Coupe 2.0l SE

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (faithofadragon @ Oct 17 2010, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>if your sticking NA (and the comment of "sitting on lots of extra power" is laughable when your NA) you can probably hit the cheap route of a SAFC.</div>

Judging by this dismissive comment it would seem unless you run a turbo any other tuning would be seen as a waste of effort.

I haven't done as much to my engine as Tom, I have only done the usual CAI, TB mod, g/box and slave cylinder mod, also I have nitrous all of which is clearly a waste of effort due to the lack of the blower.

Ever heard of the phrase "by comparison"?? Still, to look on the brightside, at least those of us with NA engines are a good source of amusement for you.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:08 PM

Vehicle: '99 Coupe/Tiburon F2 Evolution

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (eggcatcher @ Oct 18 2010, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Turbos aren't readily available in the UK as cheap as there are to you, you're loooking at nearly $10K to get it installed and set-up right. If I had that money I'd put a deposit on a TSiii.
So far this set-up has cost me around $500, I'm looking at around the same again, then add an aftermarket ecu and get it mapped after that.
And as for adding it up the top, ok its not running perfect yet, but its added it down low, where I was missing it, just can't get it to fuel right over 4krpm.</div>

$10k?

Where on earth have you been looking? thats like £6.5k

SteveB selling his turbo kit for £1700 or the car for £2k, will cost about £1k to get a decent piggyback and get it mapped properly.

I've still not put that much into mine after 2 years of keeping playing and changing things, probably about 2/3 of that with having to buy twice.

even doing things seperatly you could do it for under half of $10k

To add fuel you could either run bigger injectors, dual fuel rail or 5th injector. Or if you want it properly you need to get it mapped by a piggyback unit.

Dav - I think what they mean is what I said to you the other night, You'll be running 170BHP ish but will soon get bored and will want more, at least with F/I you can just up the boost without having to try and search where to gain another 1/2hp from

Old 10-23-2010, 02:55 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (davsurfa @ Oct 22 2010, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Judging by this dismissive comment it would seem unless you run a turbo any other tuning would be seen as a waste of effort.

I haven't done as much to my engine as Tom, I have only done the usual CAI, TB mod, g/box and slave cylinder mod, also I have nitrous all of which is clearly a waste of effort due to the lack of the blower.

Ever heard of the phrase "by comparison"?? Still, to look on the brightside, at least those of us with NA engines are a good source of amusement for you.</div>

and since when is nitrous considered a NA mod? when did i say a turbo was the only thing people should install?

is NA mods a waste of effort? YES

is it a waste of money? AGAIN YES

when i had THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS in my car in NA mods, it was still NOTHING compared to the 400 bux i spent on nitrous

i bet you your faster than "tom" with your nitrous kit, even though he has more money in NA mods than you