Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Hid Light Problem

Old 11-15-2006, 08:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Sonata GL V6

I have issues with the HID lights installed in my 2000 Tiburon that I hope somebody may have some suggestions as to what I can try.

The issue is that the lights do not always come on. Sometimes they both come on fine. Other times only one comes on (could be either side) or worst case neither of them lights up. It seems that they require a fair amount of power to ignite them and I have the best luck turning them on shortly after starting the car when the electrical system seems to be putting out the greatest amount of power and before other accessories are turned on. It's becoming quite annoying never knowing whether I will get two lights, one light or none when I turn them on.

I was considering whether it could be a grounding problem and might be worth installing some grounding wires and/or a voltage stabilizer. Nothing else electrical on the car gives me any problems nor do the headlights with the stock bulbs in them.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:10 AM

Same thing happens to me every once in a while. Make sure the electrical unit is mounted securly to the car. Make sure the wires are all connected tightly. Make sure its grounded correctly, and make sure the bulbs are snug in place. With bumps and stuff and normal driving everything tends to loosen up over time and HIDs are very sensitive to vibration.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:22 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

check the ground and the + wires.. it seem that the ballast or the inginter is no good..
BTW hid bulbs are only 35watts and draw very little power. Hid in korea is like wild fire, my boy owns a HID/led shop in frount of the army base here
Old 11-15-2006, 02:18 PM

I've gone over all the wiring and connections numerous times and find nothing wrong. That's why it's puzzling. If they were cutting out when driving I would suspect a bad or loose connection or issue with vibration but the car is stationary when I'm turning them on. It's not a consistent thing either which makes it even harder to deal with. If one light would never come on then obviously I'd know where to look. If the lights both come on they will stay on continously until I turn them off.

I understand that the bulbs only draw 35 watts but I was under the impression that they require a lot of power to ignite in the first place.

Any other suggestions?
Old 11-24-2006, 12:38 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai Sonata

you have Debon HID's right?

I have Halo H7's(lowbeam) and Debon H3's(fogs)

both of my lowbeams come on all the time, but my fogs experience the same problem as you.

I have grounding wires, I have voltage stabilizer, and all my connections are perfectly done.

My thoughts: Debon HIDs have defect in their design (ballast/ignitor problem?)
Old 11-24-2006, 06:45 AM

Yes they are the Debon HID's. At least I'm not the only one but there were quite a few of these kits sold on the site and if nobody else is having these problems then maybe it's just ours in which case we should ask for a warranty replacement.

Anyone else having this problem?
Old 11-24-2006, 08:51 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

i would just send em in under warrenty. u will drive urself nuts trying to pin point problems like this one.

just replace and then if problem contune start from there.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:39 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i'd guess something wrong with the ballasts/ignitors
Old 11-24-2006, 05:09 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

rallyman,

i've dropped you a pm
Old 11-25-2006, 12:46 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT

I have HIDs in my 2000 Tiburon. My two biggest problems are my car is low so I can barely see the headlights in the dark and my windshield is tinted...