Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Help! No spark!?

Old 07-25-2013, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib
Default Help! No spark!?

Alright... I finished my engine swap, and now I have no spark (there's another thread on this, but I was dealing with other issues in there with the clutch/trans that I have now solved, so it had got a bit convoluted, I wanted to make another one dedicated to THIS issue).

With the ignition on, the speedo reads 50 mph, tach 1200 rpm, and there is a loud buzzing noise coming from behind the dash.

I have also tested and there is no spark (but it turns over fine).

Here's what I've done so far...

Replaced crank sensor (new one)

Replaced cam sensor (from old engine)

Replaced ignition coil (from old engine)

Tested primary ignition coil resistance (from webtech)

Checked all fuses

Tested wiring harnesses on crank and cam sensors

... can anyone think of what else I should try/test? What is that buzzing noise, and why are my tach/speedo going nuts? Is it related to the no spark issue?

Thanks
Old 07-29-2013, 06:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 hyundai coupe

i had a similar problem before and i had to change my ECU.

same symptoms, no spark, weird noise (mine was a clicking sound), and my RPM and speedo needles were jumping all over the place (yours seem to stick to a certain number). also the mileage of the car would go up 100 KM everytime i'd turn the iginition.