Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Help With Ext Door Handle Replacement

Old 11-22-2009, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys, I've searched this extensively, and I have removed the interior door panel on the drivers side before to fix my trunk switch, so I can get that far.

The original handle is broken off, so passengers can't get in, I have replacement handle and am painting it now.

Any hints tips or guides you can steer me to on how to get to and remove old handle, transfer lock cylinder and replace it all would be much appreciated,

I have another day of painting to finish, my white is almost done but due to custom paint job I have to get a 2nd dark brown/black and paint the lower half of the handle that color, so I have some masking etc to do laugh.gif. In the meantime if anyone can give me a head start on any of this info I would be appreciative.

I've found your forums to be very helpful in the past and finally registered today just to ask this question. Thanks in advance

Mike

PS yes I have searched the heck out of this site, Yahoo and google searches, and the Hyundai HMA website (which I am not too good at navigating) and I was unable to find anything on this (other than user manuals I have to pay for)
Old 11-22-2009, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

these images aren't coming up very well. information was found by following these links in HMAservice

TIBURON(GK) > 2003 > ENGINE > Engine Control > Body (Interior and Exterior) > Exterior > front door > Repair procedures > Removal

1. Remove the grip handle using a remover.

2. Remove the inside handle housing.

3. Remove the tweeter speaker using a remover.

4.Remove the mounting screws and remove the door trim panel.
Disconnect the wire connectors.

5. Remove the door grip handle mounting bracket, speaker and door trim seal.

6. Remove the door tooling hole cover.

7. Remove the door glass stopper catch.

Tightening torque:
4~6 Nm (40~60 kgテつキcm, 3~5 lbテつキft)

8. Remove the door delta chassis.

9. Remove the glass stopper bolts, remove the window glass.

10. Remove the door side weather strip.

11. Loosen the mounting nuts and remove the regulator assembly.

Tightening torque:
9~14 Nm (90~140 kgテつキcm, 6.5~10 lbテつキft)

12. Disconnect the cable, after loosening the inner handle mounting screw, push the inner handle toward the direction shown in the illustrationand remove it.

13. Remove the door outside belt.

NOTE
Install the door outside belt to the inside of groove of the door panel.

14. Remove the door outside handle and key cylinder.

15. Remove the door latch assembly mounting screws and remove the door latch assembly.

Tightening torque:
17~22 Nm (170~220 kgテつキcm, 12~16 lbテつキft)

16. Remove the door checker.

17. Installation is the reverse of removal.
When installing the door vapor barrier, butyl tape should not be placed so it blocks the door trim fastener holes.