Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Help With Exhaust

Old 10-13-2005, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib

i need a place to hang my exhaust, its hitting the rear axel.

it has one hanger in the middle, but no place for it on the car..

since i put the cat on its hanging dangerously low, and bottoms out a lot. what do i do??
(i think its because this exhaust was fit for an rd2, the guy who had it before me had an rd2 anyway)

i took it to a shop and the mechanic said there's no place to hang it unless he drilled through my frame ?? so i had to question him, how does the stock exhaust hold up??

he was the most unhelpful guy ever .. and im new to this area, so i don't really know where to go, i just saw that place as i was passing through, it's a damn exhaust shop and the guy was dumbfounded and asked me if this exhaust was even made for this car. lol.

right after the oil pan there's a stock hanger, but it is unused now because that's where my cat is, and a few feet down there's the resonator which has a hanger on the it, but no place at all for it on the car..this is the problem. if i could somehow hang that, all my problems would be solved, because that would hold the rear end high up enough over that axel
Old 10-13-2005, 07:41 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

speed-factor apex'i replica exhaust was banging my axel too. go to an exhaust shop, meineke, and have them weld the hangers to the rear axels. that's what they did to my car and it's just fine. they also extended a hanger from the rubber holder down to the exhaust. they did a damn good job with the strength of it.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:07 PM

that's what i figured, extend something from that stock rubber one that's behind the oil pan .. the apexi goes under the axel, the mbrp goes over it, so welding a hanger to the axel is a no no.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:31 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Zoned, I will show you a picture tomorrow of what the exhaust shop around here did to hang mine because I also have a glasspack.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:38 PM

Cool.
I'd appreciate it a lot.
Thanks.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:28 PM

tanc?
Old 10-15-2005, 03:30 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Ill get you a pic tomorrow. I have to do a little exhaust work myself so I'll take a pic while its lifted.