Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Help! Blown Fuse...

Old 11-16-2005, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Ok, as the title says, I blew a fuse screwing around with the wires of the plug behind my blank buttons (where fogs and rear wiper would be if i had them). Well now my gauge cluster dont light up, there isnt a "dinging" when my door is open (when lights are switched on), and only my passanger side head/tail lights work.... no drivers side at all

Ive been changing any/all fuses that I thought might be the culprit, but I cant make it work! and ideas? maybe i just missed it... all i know is Im not too happy right now!! sad.gif please help!!
Old 11-16-2005, 05:12 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Open fuse box in pass. compartement.

Go to fuse on the bottom LEFT, third one up from the top. 10A (blue).

^^replace. That will bring back the ding and half your indicator lights on cluster.

CHECK ALL OTHER FUSES. Just in case. I dont' know, it may have been multiple fuses blown, maybe only that one. But check em all, just in case.

peace
Old 11-16-2005, 06:45 PM

ok that was confusing... "go to the bottom, third from the top"??? WTF? haha and the 10A ones in my car are red... 15 are blue.

Anyway, I think you meant third from the bottom on the left... so i tried that. its a blue fuse. When it came out, the dome light shut off... so it wasnt that one.

Also, it gets even weirder. when the lights are on, only the passanger ones are on. BUT when I use my keyless entry it blinks the lights, and only the DRIVER'S side ones work!? WTF?! im sooo confused. maybe i actually screwed something up bad...

Hope this merges...
I noticed even more screwed up stuff now...

heres a summary of it all:
when headlights are switched on- no guage lights, BOTH headlights work, but only the passanger tail light.

while using keyless entry/alarm- only the drives side corner and tail light flash, nothing on the passanger side. BUT (this is the kicker) the guage cluster flashes too. This is supposed to happen, but why would all this stuff not work sometimes, then work others!? wth did i do!?

I am so lost, someone on here has to know tho, you guys are geniouses!
Old 11-16-2005, 07:16 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

open the hood

look at the fusebox on the right hand side my car used to do the same thing

there is some fuse blades in the middle i think there 10a check the right side ones i cant remember which

hell check them all if that doesnt work

it might be your flasher relay thing(the button you use to turn on the flashers) i had to replace mine cuz of a similar problem

hell half the wiring probably isnt stock lol
Old 11-16-2005, 07:48 PM

YESSS!!!!!! I LOVE YOU FAITH! hahaha I had already checked the fuses under the hood, but only ones that had "cluster" or something around the area where it had occurred like fog lamp, wiper, etc. but sure enough man, you had it! it was a 10A fuse and it was just FRIED. haha. I was actually startin to get a bit worried to.... sheesh!

again MANY thanks!!! laugh.gif
Old 11-16-2005, 08:32 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

the illuminations in the car are activated through a relay that is powered by the left tail lamp. thats why it blew.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:11 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

^.
Dude, it shouldn't take more than 15 minutes to check all fuses, and replace blown ones. lol, no need for this post really..
Old 11-16-2005, 09:31 PM

well since I live in an apartment, dont have a garage, and its -2 degrees here (not exaggerating at all), I beg to differ. I skipped two fuses since I couldnt feel my hands anymore and I didnt think those fuses could be the problem; the taillight fuses. I didnt know there was a relay connected to taillight; in fact I would have never even thought of that.

also, since by doing different things I could still get all the lights to turn on I wasnt convinced it even was a fuse. so... sorry? wink1.gif
Old 11-16-2005, 10:35 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

"third from bottom" sorry

did you get it fix
Old 11-16-2005, 10:51 PM

yeah i did, just a fuse i missed owned.gif but got it figured out thanks to faithofadragon wink1.gif