Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Header + Exhaust In Gta

Old 01-21-2006, 12:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai Sonata

ok, so after all I decided to get a new exhaust system for my car...

after hours of searching on this site, I found this setup to be the best so far

4-2-1 header
hi-flow cat
glasspack (28")
custom 2.5" piping
muffler

if anyone wants to jump in and give me suggestions on which brand I should go for for each part, I'd appreciate it!!

don't wanna spend too much, but i have room to move around. please let me know how much you guys have paid so i know what to expect.

also, does anyone know a reputable exhaust shop in GTA area? (and also don't rip off the customers)

thanks in advance for your input!!

btw, I have ported IM + bored TB (58mm) + Outlaw thermoblok waiting to be installed...can't wait!!
Old 01-21-2006, 01:08 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

My setup is a Maintec Racing 4-2-1 Header to the stock cat, to ~2.38 in press bent piping (measured it other day off the car... no idea why or how its that size...), 25" glasspack, Flowmaster 40 series muffler with a stock tip.

Its quiet as stock. No exaggeration. Header was $499, glasspack $25, piping $150, muffler $90. Of course I did all the wiring extension and welding myself.
Old 01-21-2006, 01:10 AM

either try International Automotive on Midway or Zorro by Dundas and Dixie both in Mississauga
Old 01-21-2006, 01:21 AM

Vehicle: 2000

I have a 4-1 SR header, catco high flow cat, and motoria. I am really happy with the gains i got from it and it sounds pretty good till about 4500 rpms,its loud as hell at wot but i can live with it for a little longer, i want to have a glass pack put in but just to lazy right now.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:23 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

headers - $500 for ceramic coated equal length from flyryde OR about $200 for the SSA ebay ones
catco hi flow cat - $50 on ebay
20-30" glasspack - $25 from summitracing
exhaust - if you want 2.5" then go custom (but make sure u get stainless steel and mandrel-bent pipes), otherwise buy the Motoria off of ebay for around $225 (only go for the custom 2.5" if you plan on having a beastly N/A setup, OR a small FI setup, but if you're going with just basic bolt-ons then stick with the 2.25" and just get the motoria)
a nice magnaflow muffler instead of the crappy one you will get with your motoria - $90
labor for welding (glasspack, cat, muffler) - about $100
misc. stainless steel nuts/bolts, gaskets, etc (you want these, don't re-use your rusty stock bolts) - $10

so i'd say you're looking at around $1000/700, depending on which header you go with, and if you plan to go with a custom 2.5" or the 2.25" motoria

what most people want do is just buy the SSA headers and motoria exhaust combo on ebay for like $400, install it themselves, and not use a cat/glasspack/nice muffler. the problem here is that you won't pass emissions, it'll be hella loud, and you're ruining the environment.

Right now I have the ebay headers and an MBRP exhaust (best one made for us, but they don't make them anymore. it is 2.25", and I've read that the motoria is meant to be a replica MBRP), and a catco hi-flow cat, but am NOT happy with the sound. I already ordered the new equal-length headers from flyryde, and plan to get a magnaflow muffler + glasspack soon, hopefully that will make things sound a lot nicer. I'd suggest you do the same.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:31 PM

Ive found that you can get the Monza pacesetter system for our cars around here for about 325$, I was gonna build a system, but for the time and money to buy all the parts and get it bent and welded I could just bolt this on in my driveway.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:35 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

^^ and after about two months it'll be rusted as hell.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:35 PM

Zoned, try getting the glasspack on before the muffler, I bet that MBRP muffler will sound a lot nicerrr with a big glasspack used as a resonator.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:35 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai Sonata

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Call_to_arms84 @ Jan 25 2006, 12:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ive found that you can get the Monza pacesetter system for our cars around here for about 325$, I was gonna build a system, but for the time and money to buy all the parts and get it bent and welded I could just bolt this on in my driveway.</div>

you mean a local shop? can you give me the name / location for this?
and does this fit on RD2 as well? because they only list this one for 97-99

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>^^ and after about two months it'll be rusted as hell.</div>

what makes you think this one would rust that quick? any insight?
Old 01-25-2006, 08:49 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

The monza pacesetter is not a good exhaust. It's made out of cheap steel and rusts quickly.

Yes, your exhaust from a RD1 will fit a RD2. They are the same. Only difference is some late RD2's have 3 bolt flanges.