Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

H7 To H4 Conversion

Old 02-24-2010, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know this i skind of stupid but i enjoy being difficult... i have a set of h4 hids and instead of buying the h7 hids i want to make them work in my car. in anybodys opinion is it wires that make different bulbs work or are they actually different sizes? is it just a snip snip solder job or am i going to really mess this up? any opinion or advice would be appreciated
Old 02-24-2010, 07:40 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Advice: just get the right stuff

opinion: it depends how different the bulbs are, I don't know anything about h4's without looking them up, but take a h7 and put it next to the h4 then look at it, same number of leads? same basic size base? some length?
Old 02-24-2010, 08:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

You can make your car a 4x4 with a cadillac 502 if you have enough time and/or money

The easy way is to buy stuff that fits. Anything can be MADE to work.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:52 PM

thank you
Old 02-25-2010, 07:26 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

The force it to work plan would take ever so fabrication it probably wouldn't even cost effective if you paid retail for a set of H7s.

The H7:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/images/Full/N88CF_1.jpg

The H4:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/images/Full/N90CF_1.jpg

It's not going to be as easy as simply following the leads, you are going to have to replace the metallic bracket on the inside of the headlamp assembly itself with a custom designed piece that uses the h4 locking design (twist on then clamp). With some sheet metal, a dremel and a nibbler nothing is impossible, but would the cost and time outweigh results? Plus would the heat from both the high and low running simultaneously, when/if you use the highs, damage the setup? There is a bunch to consider.