Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Gps Speed Sense Wire

Old 09-18-2007, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

"Pioneer recommends hooking up the “speed sensor” wire of your vehicle for better accuracy and to enable the speed counter of the NAV unit. I have yet to find that wire in my car, but discovered that you can omit this wire and go entirely on satellite mode."

parking brake wire is at the base of the parking brake....easy hook up.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:44 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

yeah parking brake is legos! i'll look for the speed sensor tomorrow after i read. hah i'm taking literature, 1 book per week, eyes weary.

i'm also looking for the reverse wire in the back in the trunk, any idea?

i'm just a vampire aren't i?
Old 09-18-2007, 10:21 PM

well, the white backup lights will have power whenever the car is in reverse. could just tap into a wire if you need power. if you need ground gotta(well, should) use a relay.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:03 PM

ok i'm boundless right now as to where this thing is at. sorry all it's my first time and this sensor is the most important sensor in the car. is this right?

so tap pin 15 on 101-1?

and how can i take 101-1 and 101-2 out for tapping? i don't see how i can get back there without taking the whole entire plastic frame holding everything together out... and that's a huge kick in the butt.

and for the reverse lights, there's a two wires going into the bulb +-, blue and black. which one to tap into? or is that not the place?

this website is the best i've got you guys are the best. i'll suck up when i win cash at next years car show and donate to the site.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:59 PM

you need to take off the gauge cluster to get to those connectors behind. they unclip out though, so you can get easy access to the wires behind. watch out though, i figured out that there were some numbering issues from webtech on those connectors between the two different years.

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=3739

dont remember details, just make sure you double check its the right wire.

for the backup wire, its probably the positive one when in reverse, which is most likely to be blue.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:16 PM

awesome man thanks for the information... but how can i really be sure 16 is the right wire without tipping Castle Lego off the table? Either a funny coincidence or that i'm completely wrong that illumination is the very first pin (1) and speed sensor the very last pin (16?)

i'm totally stimulating tibby01's haunted memories from sometime last year. feels nice going back a few years eh? are you the only one who knows these things or are we a little more obsessed? i would have figured people would have walked this path 100 times before.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:56 PM

lol, those haunted memories are like 3 years old.

also, looks like a 15 to me, not 16.

you can also find that wire at different locations. see where the line comes out of the speed sensor? before it reaches the gauge cluster there are in bold other connectors. you can use webtech to find their locations by going into the etm tab and clicking on general, then inline harness location.

for instance, there is a mc02 on the vss schematic between the sensor and gauges, this is the location:

it tells you the pin number as well, which is 9. then you find this(because you dont want to rely solely on wire colors, sometimes they are wrong...):

and you should be able to find it very easily. looks liek the harness is right under the dash.

viola. webtech is a wonderful tool.