Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Gps Speed Sense Wire

Old 07-26-2007, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm installing a Pioneer Avic z1 and I am looking for the vehicle speed sense wire. I've been to the 12volt.com and it says it is a yellow/black wire and it is in data link connector 1. I didn't see a yellow black wire there. I have been to several different sites including webtech and haven't been able to find it. Webtech mentioned it was a certain port hole on the ECU but I don't want to go that route. I'm wanting the easiest place to tap into it. If anyone can help it would really help! Thanks
Old 07-26-2007, 07:37 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

under the dashboard, you'll see 3 bricks of connectors, white, grey and black. one of them is the wire you need.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:18 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

what is it with pioneer speed sensors? usually gps doesn't need a speed sensor!!

i'll just post what tibby01 sent me so this will help:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>strange you need the signal from a speed sensor for a gps. it should be able to tell you your speed based on the rate of coordinate change. the iguidance system i have in my carpc does. anyway...

http://www.hmaservice.com/GRAPHICS/t7/t7sd306a.gif

that shows the pin number of the wire running to the speedo. don't pay attention to the wire color, as it is often wrong. find the correct wire by looking at this(it will tell you the connector number in the other schematic 101-1)...
http://www.hmaservice.com/GRAPHICS/b6/b6be155a.gif</div>
Old 07-27-2007, 12:02 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Tap into the wire going TO the ecu.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:39 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Jul 26 2007, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>usually gps doesn't need a speed sensor!!</div>

yeah, they usually don't but i guess they include it now for more accuracy.

also for that speed sensor wire, i think you can use/tap into the blue connector at the top back part of the transmission
Old 07-27-2007, 05:09 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Yeah, from what I hear, they use the speed sensor to calculate your position when you're under a tunnel or something so that it can pick up right where it left off when it gets a signal again.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:03 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

While that's possible, I doubt it's for any of those reasons.

More than likely it's for the on board simulated Gauge system, that shows stuff about your car.

Can't remember what they call it.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:16 PM

did you ever find it out?

i've decided since i don't have money anymore to take this into my own hands. thanks to tibby01 the Jenga Guru i took the interior panels apart, installed the antenna and the wires are all ready run. but i need help i wasn't clear on from the info from the website and the webtech diagram is a bit confusing.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>under the dashboard, you'll see 3 bricks of connectors, white, grey and black. one of them is the wire you need.</div>

did you all finally get around to successfuly finding this thing? if so, please share!
Old 09-18-2007, 08:00 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i would hook it up without the speed sense wire and see what happens.

which model was it anyway? i want to read into why it's needed. even if you loose all gps satellites, like if you're in a tunnel or something, that's still going to be a hot start and ~5 seconds until acquisition even for the worst gps recievers.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:14 PM

it's the avic d3. haha thanks t01, i want to know what to look for since it's my first time. there is also a wire for the handbrake and reverse lights. the instruction booklet reads that if they are not hooked up the GPS will be a few marks off the actual point.

i tried to figure out the wiring diagram, i have observed diagram 101-1 many times and it seems like there is a wire running to the actual speed sensor but it's hard to tell which one it actually is.

i was reading your "many mods" post and your dash all torn apart. any person looking at that would drop jaw. maybe if i had a beater...