Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Good place to buy braided hoses and lines

Old 08-03-2011, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2K1 Red Tib
Default Good place to buy braided hoses and lines

I want to switch all my hoses and lines over to braided style. I know I'll have to get a whole bunch of new fittings too. What stores have some of you bought your braided things from? I was thinking maybe Summit would have a good selection but not sure how their customer service is in case I need to return anything.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

JEGs is all i use.. awesome customer service.. super fast shipping.. great prices..

are you just going to braided for the rice factor? what 'all' hoses are you looking to change?

if you are just going for the rice factor (which is pretty much the only point for all braided) why not get some sleeves?
Old 08-03-2011, 06:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent

Originally Posted by turbosocks
if you are just going for the rice factor (which is pretty much the only point for all braided) why not get some sleeves?
Wait... wouldnt the sleeves be rice? All braided seems like an upgrade for at the very least a stiffer brake pedal.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:55 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

depends on the lines whether it has a function or not.. brake lines are one of the only areas i would ever bother upgrading to braided.

for fuel and most other hoses that would be changed, braided is pretty much rice/bling.

reason i recommended sleeves is that its a lot cheaper if you are going to upgrade switch 'everything' to braided lines.

also, for the brake line, the nylon braided (internal) push lok hoses will serve pretty much the same purpose.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:58 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I buy all my hoses and fittings from Summit. When I can, I buy their Summit brand fittings since they tend to be much cheaper and look/work just the same as Aeroquip, etc.

I put all this together with mostly Summit brand fittings: