Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

GKs ARE EVERYWHERE NOW!

Old 08-04-2013, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 99 tiburon
Default GKs ARE EVERYWHERE NOW!

In the past year I have seen so many GKs around here. They used to be a rare sighting but now that they are up there in age the price is very low to own one. So now everyone is jumping on the Hyundai ship and buying them. Still dont see many RDs but GKs have seriously jumped in population.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:14 AM

Vehicle: 2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT

True story... But I didn't start noticing them untill I got mine.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:56 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

A friend of mine just bought a SEv6 for less than I paid for my RD (used)

The market is madly saturated.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:52 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I see probably 3-4 GK's every day, and each one is different. None are modded though. Just stock form with either little old ladies or cute high school girls driving them.

As for RD's, never see any RD1's but there are a few RD2's I see now and then. Hell, some guy has a red RD2 on the same street I live on. Whats sad though is that every single one is rusted out either on the bottom of the doors or on the rear quarter panels.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:13 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Tiburon - TURBO'D

Young kids can afford the V6 tibs now that they are way down in price so you'll see a big leap in sales.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:36 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

GK tiburons in my area range from about $6,500 to $15,000. I don't understand why they are so expensive, because that exact same money could put you in a turbo R33 skyline, WRX, reasonable evo, SR20DET S14, and similar.

I actually have never seen a serious tib owner in Australia. There's 88bin but she's on the other side of the country and doesn't seem all that interested in performance modifications. All the GKs I see here are driven by hairdresser types who have no idea at all.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:19 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Originally Posted by wheel_of_steel
... turbo R33 skyline....

Anyone who chooses a GK over a skyline deserves a
Old 08-15-2013, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Visionz
Anyone who chooses a GK over a skyline deserves a

Not really. Anything aside from an R34 or R32 GTR is just another car. The 33 platform is garbage in comparison and the single turbo RB25 units are way too heavy to be economical DDs. (Lets not even talk about untuned NAs.) To be fun they require a lot of work and just not smart money. On top of that, even in the markets they were sold, parts do not come cheap. The RB is robust and amazing up to the point it decides the fun is over, and when it goes, it goes hard and takes as much with it as possible. I'd never buy a skyline as a DD. So in that way, a GK, being much cheaper to work on much more economical, is smarter money. It's just got a fanboy following in north america due to the 2f2f ricer culture.

Now if you have disposable income burning a hole in your wallet and want a toy, then its an amazing machine.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:51 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

Dude even the world's vaguest R33 gts-t four door is still a 14 second RWD vehicle with double wishbones all round, that can be cheaply upgraded with a plethora of quality aftermarket parts.

To be fun they require a lot of work and just not smart money.

On top of that, even in the markets they were sold, parts do not come cheap.

The RB is robust and amazing up to the point it decides the fun is over, and when it goes, it goes hard and takes as much with it as possible.

Same as a tiburon

Same as a tiburon

Same as a delta
Old 08-20-2013, 01:39 PM

I'll give that deltas go boom and go hard, but the difference is, that motor just fails to take many mods at all before it dies. You can had fun with the RB for months if not years, but it's like riding. The question is not "if" your going down, its when. Modding any skyline can be summed up like this:

Owning a Skyline is like walking in a feild with the ground being moist like vaginas and the sky rained NISMO parts. The sun was your mechanic and every night you had a steak and blow job, then tucked in to a bed where the mattress was filled with asses from the Kardashians and pillows of Jen Aniston's breats.....

then it breaks and the gates of pure hell open and just when your sucked in to eternal damnation....it runs again and the fields of vaginas return......

There are plenty of cars that can do what a rwd single turbo sky can do. And in the US market FAR cheaper. As for the other markets, I can only go on the info I have been provided from owners in said locations and it's all been the same. All I can tell you about price, my entire Tib build is going to cost half what the stock(ish) R32 is setting me back. It's not the magical 1000hp road genie that people seem to think it is.