Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

gas light?

Old 10-05-2011, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default gas light?

Hey guys,just a quick question. I have a 2001 tibby and every other light on my dashboard works except for the low fuel indicator. Do you guys believe it may be just the bulb or is it possible that the sensor is bad? I find it hard to believe that would be the only bulb to go out, but you never know. Also sometimes when I go to lock my doors by locking the drivers side, it doesn't lock the passenger side and I have to unlock and lock the passenger one to get it to work again. Any help is appreciated, thanks
Old 10-07-2011, 01:23 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

I noticed on my RD1 tiburon (1999) that the gas light comes on when its like all the way at the bottom, maybe it works? I thought mine didn't work for the longest time till yesterday it came on, My gas light blinks, It will go on then phase back out then come back on then phase out then come back on. Thats what it did yesterday. So maybe you just haven't gotten it to the low gas tank thing yet?
Old 10-07-2011, 10:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

On my car the needle has to be WAY off the scale, pointing to the gas pump icon, before the light starts to come on. Are you sure you've had it that empty? Is the light supposed to illuminate at engine start with the rest of the dash lights?
Old 10-19-2011, 11:39 PM

Maybe I haven't let it get that low? lol I figured the light should at least flash with the others when I start the car, but maybe it doesn't...maybe one of you guys can see if yours does? thanks for the replies
Old 10-20-2011, 07:44 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Tuscon

I've seen my gas light maybe 3 times in the 6 years i've owned this car.

Like stocker said, the needle is practically off the gauge when it finally comes on.

No it does not come on when you first start the car.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:02 AM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

Mine does the same as the rest, it comes on really late on in the gauge, then when it does finally come on, it cycles on and off for the next 35ish miles then it will come on steady once it is finally pointing at the E and i would assume that would be a good time to pull over and find a nearest gas station! Never ran out of gas, but in know with my gas light flickering i can drive from my house on Whidbey Island Washington to the 40 miles south to Kent Raceway no problem where they sell the good stuff and i dont have to worry about degrading my race gas with the premium...
Old 10-20-2011, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

You should have one usable gallon left when the light comes on steady, assuming steady road conditions. Long hills and you might get stuck. Carry a gallon with you when you go to test your low fuel light!
Old 10-21-2011, 08:32 PM

thanks for the replies guess i'll just keep an eye out for it