Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Flywheel?

Old 11-07-2006, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys.. wink1.gif ive just came across this conflict..Baiscly one side is saying that when u put a lightweight flywheel u get faster acceleration, but you lose torque and other side says u dont lose torque..So wat is actually true? Do u lose or no? And in the end is it worth getting it? tongue.gif
Old 11-07-2006, 11:16 PM
Banned

well, i would say it would be worth it, and i felt that its worth it in my friends DSM, i have yet to install my flywheel.. you would get a lil quicker acceleration, and it would free up a bit of hp with less weight and stress on the motor, same idea with light pulleys..

it would be more rev happy also.. from everyone that i have talked to a lighter flywheel is definately worth it, and usually a 'favorite' mod..
Old 11-08-2006, 12:13 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

it doesnt make you lose torque, this is not a power adder but more of a power free-er-uper. Like lightweight rims and U/D pulley, basically just less inertia for the engine to overcome.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:58 AM

^yeah i couldnt figure out why they would lose torque but thats wat they said in Nissan Silvia forums..so i dunno whats going on for sure lol
Old 11-08-2006, 02:15 PM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

RPM will change much quicker.

Engine will accelerate faster and will faster loose RPM.

That's why you can feel like lower torque, for example when you taking off slowly.