Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

First 3

Old 05-05-2005, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2000 Tib and i was wondering what would be the best FIRST 3 mods for the car, i will eventually put a turbo on and stuff like that so i dont want to buy a part then have to change it once i get a turbo...im going for performance first because i dont want to be like all the ricers around here that slap on an exhaust tip, get some euros then try to race everyone. im trying to do this right lol.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:29 AM

Cat Back, High Flow CAT, then maybe BBTB/IM or STS. I know it is actually four things. Or instead of the BBTB/IM or STS you could do the suspension.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:37 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

First 3 mods, easy.

1. Intake Resonator Removal = FREE

2. Cold Air Intake = AEM

3. REDZ Trunk Light Mod. LOL J/K

4. Strut Bars.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:40 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (homey14h @ May 5 2005, 11:28 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>i will eventually put a turbo on and stuff like that so i dont want to buy a part then have to change it once i get a turbo<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

So no CAI Redz lol.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:41 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN @ May 5 2005, 09:37 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>First 3 mods, easy.

1. Intake Resonator Removal = FREE

2. Cold Air Intake = AEM

3. REDZ Trunk Light Mod. LOL J/K

4. Strut Bars.
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

What will resonator removal do and how much will it give me BTW IM DUMB, i know parts but not exactly what they do or what they put out lol.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:45 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

You DONT want the cai, you have to change it because of the turbo. you'll eventually need for the turbo:
1. manderal bent 2.5" catback, high flow cat for enviroment if you want one
2. SMT-6, a piggyback
3. I would also get something for the suspension such as springs struts and strut bars

Get: Maximum Boost by Corky Bell, Ive read it and it explains everything very well about turbo systems

the resonator removal is for the intake, in the DIY section
Old 05-05-2005, 09:46 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UltraTibby @ May 5 2005, 09:40 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>So no CAI Redz lol.

Sure, get a CAI. Not like you can't sell one of the Ebay ones for the same price you paid for it. Duh. LOL

You can get a decent CAI on ebay for well under 100 dollars shipped. Then sell it to someone else on the forums when you go up to Turbo.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (homey14h @ May 5 2005, 09:41 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>What will resonator removal do and how much will it give me BTW IM DUMB, i know parts but not exactly what they do or what they put out lol.

Resonator Removal, it's in our DIY section (Do It Yourself, full instructions), go do it right now, takes about 30 minutes, tops. What does it give you? Much better throttle response, and a big woody from the sound.

Coming in and saying "I'm going to turbo it" is all fine and dandy, but you need to see what it TAKES to turbo the Tib, and do some serious research with your HP goals in mind. Many folks have said the same thing, then backed off and realized how much it's going to cost and the obstacles in the way.

Not trying to discourage you, but just be aware that it's not a "Slap it on" project to turbo our cars.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:47 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (brian01tib @ May 5 2005, 09:45 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>You DONT want the cai, you have to change it because of the turbo. you'll eventually need for the turbo:
1. manderal bent 2.5" catback, high flow cat for enviroment if you want one
2. SMT-6, a piggyback
3. I would also get something for the suspension such as springs struts and strut bars

Get: Maximum Boost by Corky Bell, Ive read it and it explains everything very well about turbo systems

whats SMT-6 lol i told u im STUPID, and if i want what? a catback? if thats what u meant then yea ill be getting a catback.

EDIT-another thing, dont double post. you can hit the edit button at the lower right hand corner of your post if you have to add something. -tibby01

im at work and my cars at home, but ill check out do it yourself
Old 05-05-2005, 09:49 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

SMT-6 you can modify timing and a/f ratios, catback is the exhaust basically (without haeder or cat)
Old 05-05-2005, 09:50 AM

Please go read the forum rules.

Do not double post. This is a free verbal warning. Use the EDIT button to add to your last post if no one else has posted.

Also, don't quote the post directly above yours. Use the "ADD REPLY" button at the BOTTOM of the page.

Use google.com or the search function on our website to find out what some of these items are, they've been talked about extensively.

No offence, but if you don't know what a catback is, you probably aren't turboing anytime soon.