Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Finally Equal Length Tubular Headers! Pics Inside!

Old 10-08-2007, 04:45 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">UPDATE: Here is the video to show the headers up close and personal. Great growl to em too! HEADERS VIDEO (37MB). </span>So yeah, screw Hotshot, these will end up costing you guys much less. I'm stoked on the look, and I'm testing them on my 97, and on an 07 or 08 if I can get ahold of one. I need a beta powered socal member to come by the shop to test these headers out. We just want to install them, film it, and take them back off. For the GK these replace the header/Cat combo, and bolt up in the exact place as OEM.

For the RDs we'll need to have the OEM flex pipe extended just a bit so that they meet the bottom flange from the header. Any shop could do this for less than 100 even in the worst case. I'd be people would do the pipe for you for around 30-40 bucks for a whole 20 minutes worth of work. I want these to cost around 300 bucks guys. I'll post pricing when i know for sure, and how many I'll have on hand. I want to sell 100 units, smile.gif and the GK buyers should really put a dent into that number.

They look HOOOOOT!!!

Old 10-08-2007, 04:50 PM
Banned

wow, those look really nice.. love the equal length and the look of it.. quick question, everyone will want to know what they are made of.. i know they are stainless, but what type. 304 SS? thin? thick? etc.

people are just not going to want some thin stuff like OBX that buzz like no other.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:54 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

those look freakin' awesome dude.

if I had enough trust in my car that it'll last a few thousand miles more I'd get 'em.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:14 PM

You want me to test them out. When I get my Hood and VDI kit.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:19 PM

Yea, if they don't buzz like the OBX ones I will be all over these.

They should fit the 01's too?
Old 10-08-2007, 06:29 PM

Those look sweet dude.

I work for a SS manufacturer of pipe and fittings so I'll do just a little backround:

If its pipe material:
304L < 316L but either should be fine for this aplication.
The higher schedule (sch5s, sch10s, sch40, for example) the thicker the wall of the material is.
If it is A778 or 269 material it has been anealed or pickled. This is basically a permanent cleaning session that greatly helps to prevent rust and corrosion

If its tube material:
304 and 316 same as pipe
The lower the gauge material, the thicker the wall. 16 gauge is thinner than 14 gauge for example.
A778 is not as good A312 material, but again they'll have both been anealed and pickled.

**Notes: A very important aspect to look at is whether or not the material is import or domestic. Import will be cheaper...but i would be very concerned about quality. Now i'm not saying it's this kind of mentality all the time, its just every once in a while we hear about shitty quality of some import pipe/valve/fittings
**Notes: Difference between pipe and tube material is the OD (outside diameter) measurment...until you get over 12", then its the same.

So there, everyone has a 101 in pipe/tube, hopefully we can determine exactly what this product is made of.

But dude...again. Those look awesome
Old 10-08-2007, 06:59 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

I'll run these ?s by the MFG. I'm stoked cause I have the setup on my 97 where it'll take all of 15 minutes to install these things and get some sound clips for you guys. Then they'll get retested and filmed when I have the race only catless setup, where the car will likely sound like hell with these headers. I know the headers these were exactly based on, were pretty burly, and had a ton of extra torque.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:06 PM

Looking good fing02.gif.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:25 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

My car is garaged. I don't drive it daily. I can install, take pictures, audio, video, and post anything you want. I'll post all within 7 days of receiving. fing02.gif

If you need someone to test fit for free, i'm your slut
Old 10-08-2007, 08:06 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

Damn, I had my OBX ceramic coated and all, but these are hot!!! Haven't installed mine yet, (waiting to do full exhaust) so maybe I'll sell the OBX and get these!