Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Fender Roll and Pull

Old 10-27-2013, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win
Default Fender Roll and Pull

My Tib is getting down.

To get the Tib stanced right I'm going to have to roll the fenders and I'm thinking about getting them pulled a bit. I've been told by a couple of people that I can get as much as an extra inch over stock without it looking too distorted.

Has anyone pulled fenders on an RD? If so pics?

Don't want to pay money to do this and regret the decision. Also need feedback ASAP. Going to get this all done in time for Caffeine and Octane next Sunday.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:05 AM

Pulled the trigger and got the job done. The pull garner a little over half of an inch and it still looks stock minus a little distortion around the adjoining bolts between the fender and the bumper cover. It did not leave a flair or lip, just kept the body contour. Very happy with the results and will post pics as soon as stancing is done.

A couple of meh to bad points to be aware of before attempting this:

The paint on the fender is weak and did rip a bit. No metal shown as it only damaged the surface layer, but will require repair.

The lines between the door and fender can become skewed on the fender side, be aware of this while working on the fender.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:08 AM

Vehicle: 1999/hyundai/tiburon

When I did my fenders I didn't have to many problems. The key was go slow and be patient. By the way what offset and what rims are you going to roll on? Can't wait to see pic's!
Old 10-30-2013, 09:04 PM

Running 35 offset on the same Maxxims I've had for a few years now. Depending on how all of this goes down (no pun intended) this week, I might invest in some spacers if there's still room for play. For now just trying to get low enough to look good without scraping on the driveway or during normal daily use.

I didn't do the pull myself, found someone with an eastwood locally. It wasn't bad, $30/corner and for now I just did the front. Eventually will roll the back, but but no need to pull them. This guy was really good and really thorough, so if anyone locally needs it done I know a guy.

The fun part now is going to be the alignment. I have to remove the front bumper cover before driving it over so it will clear the racks. The only guy in town that has a pit unit wants close to $200 and has suspect practices. Plus he won't dial in the camber I want, and if I adjust the camber from the plates alone I fear it'll affect toe too much.