Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Exhaust Help

Old 05-16-2007, 11:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so the pipe at the end of my exhaust that goes from the last flange to the muffler busted apart and I need a new one. Anyone have a part number? or know where to get one,.
2001 tibby
Old 05-17-2007, 04:14 AM

You have several Options

1. Go get a new axleback exhaust from a dealer and pay way too much (dealer should have part numbers)
2. Buy an aftermarket catback system probably for the same prices as the axleback from the dealer and enhance your car's performance
3. Take it to a muffler shop and have them fix it
4. Go to a JY and get the axleback exhaust from them (cheapest route)

enjoy smile.gif
Old 05-17-2007, 05:43 AM

axle back exhaust? I only need one pipe thats about 2 feet long. I dont plan on getting a whole new exhaust. I just need the last pipe that connects from the muffler to the last flange which is around the back right wheel in the car
Old 05-17-2007, 06:38 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Sonata GL V6

The problem is that one pipe doesn't exist because the muffler and that pipe are all one piece hence the response you got from Dweet. If you just want it repaired you are probably best to go to an exhaust shop and ask them to repair it. They will come up with the best solution.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:00 AM

well that does suck im not gonna lie. so when you have to replace your muffler on this car you would of had to replace that entire pipe
Old 05-18-2007, 08:36 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

that's how it is on all cars. have you ever seen a car where the muffler is connected by flanges? no. it's always welded on. mufflers are welded to the current exhaust, they aren't bolted on with flanges.

anyway...
the part you're talking about is the axle back part, correct? it goes over the passenger axle, and to the rear bumper. hence the term, axle back. get it?

why would you want to buy an OEM exhaust part from the dealer? that would just be stupid, expensive, and ... stupid.

now, if you're trying to do this on a budget, you can get it fixed at any muffler shop for cheap. they will bend some pipe and re-weld your muffler on. i can't see this costing more than $50.

but, if i were you, i would just buy a cat-back system. increase performance. unless you don't have the money.

good luck.