Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Exhaust Gains

Old 11-04-2005, 11:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, so as you all know I have an automatic and I have RSide 4-2-1 headers already which are going to be accompanied by a 16" Magnaflow cat, 35" Thrush glasspack (2.25 in diameter=too small for Motoria's 2.48"?) and the Motoria catback. Okay I'm sure the OEM exhaust is the shittiest/crush bent/POS out there but how much am I really going to gain on an automatic? Even with just intake and headers it feels like my exhaust gases are still struggling to be let out

I have heard several times that exhaust mods on a manual net the same gains as a manual, for instance a catback. My car end SOUNDS like my top end is amazing (CAI), but I know it has potential to rev harder from 4k upward. It feels like it's being choked throughout the higher RPMs. I just want a guess as to how much more power I'll be putting down, because the header virtually did NOTHING for me.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:42 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (2kShark @ Nov 4 2005, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I have heard several times that exhaust mods on a manual net the same gains as a manual, for instance a catback.</div>

You are exactly right. fing02.gif lmao.gif wink1.gif

haha.gif
Old 11-05-2005, 11:19 AM

Oops! Haha, I meant automatic.**
Old 11-05-2005, 12:36 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

I gained 17whp with an Apex-i catback and a 1.8 OEM semi header to my stock 97 Rev A tib.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:30 PM

You'll get an improvement on your car with exhaust mods, but it's an uphill battle since you own an auto. I think Redz posted (please correct me if I'm wrong) somewhere that a highly modified auto was beaten easily by an a manual with a few basic mods. Save up and get a tranny swap, best thing you could do and good luck with your project!
Old 11-06-2005, 11:36 AM

That POS stock exhaust HAS to go. It's taking a beating from the header, plus my header hardly did anything since the stock cat/exhaust is such a choke hold on airflow. Header on stock exhaust sounds like I have an exhaust already done when my car is revving <u><</u> 2K rpms.

My 35" glasspack and cat came in the other day, didn't know the glasspack was so darn heavy. Is the resonator on the Motoria heavier than that? By the way, the inlet/outlet is 2.25".. it can be made to wrap around the Motoria right?
Old 11-07-2005, 08:10 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Yes it can be made to wrap around the Motoria. Thats what they did with mine, they just put it on the machine that opens up the end. I have that same exhaust and the same glasspack, but just shorter in legnth.(31" long)
Old 11-08-2005, 09:21 PM

Thanks for the info. Motoria is definitely my next mod!
Old 11-27-2005, 12:08 PM

I'm ordering my Motoria next week. I hear it's fast shipping so it should be in sometime early December. Since I'm providing the parts, it won't cost more than $100 to install the whole system. Just after listening to Tancs exhaust, I bet it sounds amazing in person! Except he has the OBX 4-2-1 and I have the RSide 4-2-1. I hope these headers don't buzz. My cat is 16" so hopefully I won't have any problems with a gap. I was told if that there were no problems with the headers bolting up to stock exhaust, then I should have no problems with Motoria
Old 12-15-2005, 11:15 PM

I'm gonna order my Motoria, Cat, And Glasspack hopefully in early January. I'm getting excited reading all of this, laugh.gif