Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Exhaust Clips

Old 10-16-2005, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im sorry. Im gonna have to disagree.

That sounds nothing like a BMW. lmao.gif But alteast its not high pitch farty like Hondas. If you want something similar to an M3, get a nice set like a Maintec GT and pair it to an Apexi.

I can't wait to get the Equal Lengthers from Chris. Once they're in, I'll take a video for you to compare.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:56 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^ i wouldn't be too sure of that dude. i've got GT headers and an Apex'i replica. although i have no word here, i must say that it doesn't sound that different from a real Apex'i.

it sounds like a Bimmer dude!! of course no four banger is going to sond like a V6 or V8, but that setup doesn't sound far off.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:47 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

I appreciate the comments guys. I personnaly don't drive around thinking it sounds like a BMW but I do think it sounds much nicer then the rest of the setups here localy. I'm really pleased with it.

I also have a smaller glasspack I am looking to installing but I am running into a issue. Only place I can fit it is right after the glasspack right before the rear axle at that 45 degree bend. Only problem my mechanic told me was that it will be really close to the gas tank and it might warm the gas up. He told me the big hype is cold air cold everything, which I agreed but how much will it actually warm the gas up and how much will it affect performance?

I mean boosted setups exhausts that are much larger diameter and madjon with a 4" exhaust doesn't it warm up the gas?

There is also a tank strap that gets a bit in the way.

Anyone have any suggestions or input ?
Old 10-16-2005, 04:05 PM

Bimmer my arse... lol

Just keep it as it is man. It sounds pretty nice. No more glasspacks needed.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:50 PM

I like like a sutle exhaust for 60% and lower throttle but I like it the way it is at 100% throttle.

By adding the extra glasspack right before the muffler driving around without punchin it hard will sound very nice and low without a lot of noice. I don't like LOUD exhaust noise when I'm not actually pushing the car, it sounds like I'm flying away and I'm only doing 40 lol.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:59 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Any way to get rid of that popping noise whenever you let off the throttle? That's the only thing I hate, otherwise I think it sounds good. Similar to mine, without the rattling I currently have that is.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:04 PM

I'm not sure exactly how. It might be the headers, it might not be. It only pops a bit when I shift above 5k other then that no popping.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:27 PM

It has to do with the backpressure drops and stuff. Since there is no real muffler air goes out rapidly and then once you let the gas go it stops and some air swirling around and stuff and making that noise.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:32 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

So, a non-straight through designed muffler would eliminate that noise?
What if you put the OEM muffler back on with a fancier tip? That wouldn't hinder performance at all would it? It would make it sounds 10x better probably.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:53 PM

Yeah, any chambered muffler would take the popping away, but it would also eat some of your performance. Stock muffler will take most of the top end power away... don't do it!

Exhaust on my camaro makes popping noises all the time because I have no muffler on my car, just straight through exhaust.