Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Exhaust Clip

Old 08-16-2006, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So finally I found some time to upload this clip of my exhaust. What do you all guys think??

-2.5" custom exhaust
-Maintec Headers
-Hi-Flow cat
-28" Thrush Glasspack
-Flowmaster Muffler 40 Series Delta Flow

Old 08-16-2006, 06:48 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai Sonata

sounds pretty nice. how does it sound while idling?
Old 08-16-2006, 11:30 PM
Banned

sounds like a typical ricer lol..
Old 08-16-2006, 11:39 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

sounds just like mine mang. i don't know, i hate custom exhausts. i wish i had a motoria. the thrush sounds badass on my sister's tiburon...

i think the thrush works well but it won't make your car sound like it has balls unless you've got some stainless steel under there.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:46 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>how does it sound while idling?</div>

It is kind of quiet while idling, I like it... smile.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>sound like it has balls unless you've got some stainless steel</div>

Well, I didn't know that, too bad I can't afford stinless steel right now sad.gif
Old 08-17-2006, 10:57 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SOCKS @ Aug 16 2006, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>sounds like a typical ricer lol..</div>

But at least he has a good setup. You should come to cincy if you want to see rice. every kid and their grandma has a $13 pep boy muffler. this kids setup sounds pretty good imo
Old 08-17-2006, 11:12 AM
Banned

^^ eh, its a good setup, but the sound isnt neccesarily great.. thing that sux for the N/A guys, even with nice setup, with mostly stock exhaust parts, is the sound.. i had magnaflow muffler, obx header, and thrush glasspack, and still sounded like ARSE.. lol i ordered motoria, and they said they were outta stock, so i was pissed, and just boosted lol.. niicccce sound now..

ps: wasnt the reason i boosted lol
Old 08-17-2006, 12:24 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

For the last time, stainless steel isn't going to change the sound of your car. Maybe the custom shop you used used thin ass mild steel or something, the same thickness stainless steel/mild steel isn't going to change sound at all.

Might need a different muffler to change the sound. Something with more baffling.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:28 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

before i had my thrush, there was a lot of buzzing. sounded just like a typical honda. but then i put it in and that helped. my sister's motoria sounds like it's got ballz i love that thing. the thing is it's surely not the muffler which will significantly clear things up. i've gone through an apexi style muffler and then the magnaflow and there was hardly a difference in sound.

my sister doesn't have any headers or anything and her exhaust sounds better than mine that has a full setup. so headers might make it sound like crap. i have a straight under axle dynomax mild steel piping connected to a (which is oddly in the middle of the car) and then a magnaflow. i swear it's because both of the mufflers will muffle the exhaust, but the sound is still coming from the engine and amplified through the entire mid-section of the piping. if you get something hard and reflective such as stainless steel it will sound a lot better.

of course, i'm no expert i might be wrong, but at least from my own experience. the airram makes a hell of a sound itself, if you ever get your hands on one though i wish you luck with that i heard they don't make airrams anymore.

jgezau is your flowmaster a straight through?
Old 08-17-2006, 05:00 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Hyundai/Tiburon RD1

If you want a good muffler try the edelbrock sdt one. I had it on my 03Gk and it was so nice, didn't even sound like an import car. After the muffler the only people that would mess with me were trucks and mustangs. No imports would mess with me around town after I got the exhaust complete. I ended up spending around 800.00 on my total set up but it was way worth it. Also had dual side exhausts coming out before the rear tires.

Anyway in about two weeks from now I'm going to be finally doing my exhaust work on my RD1, after all these years. I have a lot of the bolt ons completed, the intake side of it is pretty maxed at the moment but still running a stock exhaust, time for an upgrade.

As for the air ram sux its very very hard to get your hands on one but better than stock is to get at least the intake manifold and head ported and polished. I have mine done then with my added throttle body spacers, bbtb,intake manifold to head spacers,CAI I'm good on getting the air in, but not getting it out. Probably losing potential horsepower do to all the air coming in but has nowhere to really go once it hits that stock exhaust. I have a bit more bolt-ons also but no relavence to the post.

I'd have to say the port and polish job had done wonders and it sounds so nice when I punch it, real nice deep low rumble.

Your exhaust clip sounds pretty good, guessing its loud enough when you drive by some cars the alarms go off. Always fun in airport parking terminals...