Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Euro Evaporation Canisters

Old 11-11-2007, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Let's say the smaller european evaporation canisters are a direct swap to our cars and works, how many people would be interested if I brought some over from Poland?

It would eliminate the hassle of not knowing if the DIY is going to work. Next summer I will try to pick some up from the junkers and test them.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:55 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

So you saying that I dont need a relocation of the evap can for a CAI install? ( i live in holland)
Old 11-11-2007, 05:21 PM

nope you don't. you can eyeball it though, it's right behind the mudguard up front on your driver side.! but to be sure i asked the ukcs forums. it's been slow there so it will take a while for me to get a response. give me a few days to answer you back.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:01 PM

ah that would be great to have.

It must be pretty small then, it doesn't look like thers much room in there.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:39 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

Let's hope so ...
Old 11-12-2007, 12:37 PM

Vehicle: 1997, hyundai, tiburon

yes i would 100% buy one i dont want to have to relocate it if they work the same im in.. how much ruffly would you think it would cost? thanks
Old 11-12-2007, 01:22 PM

it depends on how much they charge me over there. also depends on how many i can get. bringing them over wouldn't be a problem unless the airport thinks they're bombs! hahah!!

well, i'd also have to see if it works first. sadly and realistically we're talking about sometime after next summer. September or October or so.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:25 PM

Vehicle: 1997, hyundai, tiburon

ooooo man well asap would be nice... lol i wouldnt be supprised about the airport thing. i dont have the time to move mine so this would be good i guess i can wait that long if they work good.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:40 PM

i wish it could be earlier! i have lots of contacts over there. imagine trying to explain the evaporation canister over the phone in another language. hahaha. there are a lot of rd tiburons in europe, LOT. infact i think they sold more there than they did in america.

i wonder what the hell is up with the korean version canister. nobody at the uk site has responded yet, it's ok. i just hope it works. it should be a direct swap. if it does you have my word i'll bring as much as i can.

shit, maybe we can just replace the damn box with one from a Motorcycle?!

what do you think about that idea? same hoses and shit, just smaller box. a problem can be that the canister can get clogged, but what are the chances of that?

lucky 1999-01 tiburons! you don't have to worry about squat or even pay attention to this thread sad2.gif .
Old 11-13-2007, 08:39 AM

hello
im the guy in the uk that has just done this and yes the uk ones are smaller. they look about the same size as the one in the pic above. i took mine out of the bracket without disconecting any of the 3 hoses and placed it on the other side of the bumper so its against the outside shell of the bumper not the inside. then the aem style pipe slotted in right where the box used to be. it is a tight squeeze bit this is good as the two bits hold each other in place. only problem i have had is a rattling noise from down there but im sure its the vibrations from the air pipe on the now un used bracket. i will take this off at some point.
ill try and get you some pics this weekend. i would do it now but this is england so cone 5 oclock its pitch black freezing cold and raining lol
hope this helps