Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

engine light on.. possibly CAI?

Old 10-28-2004, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: FS : Side Skirts

hey guys.. i put a cai in my gfs 2000 tib last night... and after driving it around once.. we noticed that the check engine light came on. everything seems fine with it.. except on occation the rpms drop and rise a little when idling.. almost like it wants to stall. i was wondering if it could be the air sensors. ( thats what the things that stick into the CAI are right?) cuz i might have gotten a little gunck on one of them .. or possible bent one of the metal things on em.. so my question is could that be the problem? im thinking it is... cuz thats the only thing i did. do those things go bad sometimes and do they need replacing?
Old 10-28-2004, 12:22 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: Java's Clearance Sale

Well, by searching you prolly could have found the answer. Basically you might be right, obviously if you broke the sensors they aren't going to work. Did you reset your ECU after the install. If you didn't that would be the problem guaranteed.
Old 10-28-2004, 12:43 PM

Default Re: Stupid Question

Check to sensor to see that there's a proper seal..you might be getting air in there...also did you reset your computer by disconnecting the battery?
Old 10-28-2004, 12:46 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: annoying rear view mirror vibration *how do i get rid of

disconnect the battery, pump on the brakes a few times to get rid of risidual electricity.

you should be good to go, unless you did break something.
Old 10-28-2004, 01:46 PM

Default Re: annoying rear view mirror vibration *how do i get rid of

take it to autozone and get it scanned.... the scanner will tell you the problem wink1.gif
Old 10-28-2004, 02:07 PM

Default Re: 97 Tiburon vs. 03 Acura RSX type S PART 2 !!!!!!!

clean the contacts on the MAF sensor!! the same thing happened to me. (I still have that idling problem sometimes tho, i think its kinda normal on tibs... neways i just got used to it it never stalls just tricks me into thinking its stalling.) But clean the metal contacts (use an eraser if ur cheap from a pencil or i got some contact cleaner lube stuff from radioshack)

if you take it to autozone and they say its a low read from the maf sensor then thats what the prob is...
Old 10-28-2004, 02:09 PM

Default Re: engine light on.. possibly CAI?

which one is the maf sensor?
Old 10-28-2004, 02:13 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (97supalude)</div><div class='quotemain'>which one is the maf sensor?</div>

not the small one that plugs into the cai, thats temp. the black one that kinda looks like a T. it's actually part of the intake piping itself.
Old 10-28-2004, 02:16 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default **HELP** what is the caliper bolts size?

Heya bro, I guess you missed me tell ya before, but you need to shrink the height of your SIG pic a bit, it's about 2 times too big. 10 lines in height max as viewed.

Anyways...

1. What CAI did you put on?

2. Did you mess with the MAF? It's the part in the Intake line right under the yellow outlined section on the right in this pic.

Note the arrow on it? Yours should be pointing the same way.

3. Did you install the IAT (Intake Air Temp Sensor)? It's the only other sensor on the intake line, the one you have to plug into your CAI. Pull it out and verify it's clean.

4. RESET YOUR ECU! Car's gotta get used to the new airflow. Reset it, then drive it HARD for about half an hour.

5. Did you fill up on gas recently? You probably have the Gas Cap CEL. It sucks, but will go away within 10 to 15 driving cycles.
Old 10-28-2004, 02:16 PM

the tube that is inbetween your intake and the throttle body. it has an arrow on it. if you take it out, make sure to put it in the same way.

i would really try resetting the ecu first though.