Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

ECU

Old 06-18-2011, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 hyundai coupe
Default ECU

Hello

i will be doing a rebuild on my gen 1, skimming and porting the head, large air filter, 252 lift cams and a tubular manifold and performance system. do you think the standard ECU would be ok? if not any recommendations?.

Thanks
Old 06-18-2011, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

Will it run, probably. Will you actually see decent gains, probably not. If you want to maximize the power out of those mods your going to need to tweak those crap stock fuel/spark maps if possible.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:02 AM

Vehicle: 1997 hyundai coupe

Originally Posted by WytchDctr
Will it run, probably. Will you actually see decent gains, probably not. If you want to maximize the power out of those mods your going to need to tweak those crap stock fuel/spark maps if possible.

cheers for the reply but what tweaks to the fuel/map will i need to do to get the best out of the mods
Old 06-19-2011, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

That depends on what hyundai did with your stock stuff. You would need a wideband to see whats going on with the air/fuel mix and a dyno to see if you could gain any power from tweaking the timing.