Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Eclipse Talon Mainfold?

Old 09-27-2006, 12:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi. I`m heard that mainfold from Eclipse Talon can just bolt-on on my RD1!
Please is this true???
Old 09-27-2006, 08:28 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Intake or Exhaust?

Exhaust manifolds are close, Intake manifolds aren't. The holes for the exhaust manifold need to be widened i believe to get it on, or new ones drilled completely. This is from the 4G63T (turbo) motor, I dont think the K20A (N/A) motor would bolt up.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:40 AM

yes, sorry I mean exhaust wink1.gif
Old 09-29-2006, 10:05 PM

Man this is a touchy subject , yes the manifold will fit, a few holes have to be slotted but the location of th eoutlet is a little odd and you may have some clearncae issues, i would love to tell you to try just becaus eosme one has to do the darn ting but if your looking for a cheap many get a obx ebay one . in short, the manifold will fit, but the turbo wont . will hit the alt i believe . good luck
Old 10-03-2006, 04:31 AM

why would you want to grab an exhaust manifold from eclipse?
do you think there's a performance gain possible.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:43 AM

i think hes just wondering to use the turbo manifold
Old 10-03-2006, 09:13 AM

Stock 4G63T Eclipse manifolds flow decent when slightly bored out a a bit and polished, and are darn near impossible to break.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:55 AM

Why from Eclipse!!! Because I want but turbo on my tib but I`m looking on Ebay for some kit for my tib but I don`t have some choice! I read some where on this forum that exhaust mainfold can put up, so I`m finding turbo kit for Eclipse and I found many kits for 4G63 Eclipse motor!

This is one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Full-Racing...bayphotohosting

Please can You help me and tell me will this work on my tib
Old 10-05-2006, 09:15 AM

Just because the exhaust manifold fits doesn't mean that the manifold/turbo/wastegate combination is going to clear our radiator, or your even going to have room to mount the piping for the turbo, which obviously doesn't come with the kit. Oil lines are probably not the right length either.

How are you going to control the fuel management, the "kit" comes with none. Where are you going to run the piping to the turbo and from the turbo to the intercooler, and from the intercooler to the turbo? How do you know that intercooler will the proper size to mount under the bumper?

You need to do some reading mang and not get in over your head.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:19 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hamhead @ Oct 5 2006, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>How are you going to control the fuel management, the "kit" comes with none. Where are you going to run the piping to the turbo and from the turbo to the intercooler, and from the intercooler to the turbo? How do you know that intercooler will the proper size to mount under the bumper?</div>

nothing off this is not problem! For fuel management I`ll put up Dastek, for IC piping I`ll find place..... that I all know

I just don`t know that what is my question! Does Eclipse/Talone 4G63 mainfold match & can i just replace exhaust turbo mainfold to my tib wink1.gif