Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Dropped Off My Maintec Gt Headers & Airram Today.

Old 08-24-2006, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I can't wait. The title says it all, I finally got my stuff dropped off locally at R&D Performance to get Ceramic Coated. They have this nice Titanium color, and they matched Jet Hot's price.

1 week and I can pick them up, so hopefully NEXT weekend, I will be installing these.

Any info I should know before putting them on?
Old 08-24-2006, 08:26 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

airram, you got the PVC valve. make a bracket for that. injector harness needs to go in between one of the pipes. you know that from the test fit. should give you upper power instead of lower. my car flys once it's in top gear.

headers, the ceramic coating will fade from shiny luster to a dull silver. all in all it still works. one of the bolts from the third header pipe will have to be cut about a centimeter for the nut to be screwed on. watch out so they don't scratch the coating like they did on mine.

be damn careful. GT headers stick up and you can burn yourself easy unlike regular headers. the hood and engine bay may get really really hot from the heat. zefiro hood works best like mine where the top of the headers are directly under the left vent so absolutely none of the header heat goes into the engine. kind of cool when you're at the light and you see a bunch of heat coming out of it!! no need to extend first 02 sensor as the downpipe has a bung for it.

even with the coating, the downpipe will rust eventually. don't be surprised.

flex-a-lite fans polyurethane necessary otherwise stock fan melts and releases harmful toxens into the cabin. fans can be slid in without taking the radiator hose apart.

might cause buzzing. if not used with glasspack. you might not see good results if you're running stock exhaust with stock cat.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:54 PM

i had my turbo mani on my probe jet coated awhile back. gives it kinda a rubberized type feeling. but i definitly liked it.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:48 PM

Vehicle: 2000

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Aug 24 2006, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>injector harness needs to go in between one of the pipes. you know that from the test fit.</div>

or you can just slice the harness a tiny bit and it wraps around all the pipes. its what i did on mine. the over all install is easy if you get all the vaccum lines you need
Old 08-24-2006, 11:14 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Aug 24 2006, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>airram, you got the PVC valve. make a bracket for that. injector harness needs to go in between one of the pipes. you know that from the test fit. should give you upper power instead of lower. my car flys once it's in top gear.</div>

PVC valve? What? My PVC valve is gone and I have a fitting venting to my catch can now. Make a bracket for what? I've got some angle mount here that I'm going to make a new throttle/cruise cable bracket out of.

I've never test fitted one.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>headers, the ceramic coating will fade from shiny luster to a dull silver. all in all it still works. one of the bolts from the third header pipe will have to be cut about a centimeter for the nut to be screwed on. watch out so they don't scratch the coating like they did on mine.</div>

Only one or 2 folks here had to cut a stud, everyone else hasn't. I'm going to wrap the headers up first before I install them to avoid scratches.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>be damn careful. GT headers stick up and you can burn yourself easy unlike regular headers.</div>

Noted.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>no need to extend first 02 sensor as the downpipe has a bung for it.</div>

Sweet, I was worried about that. It's down by the flexpipe, I saw it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>flex-a-lite fans polyurethane necessary otherwise stock fan melts and releases harmful toxens into the cabin. fans can be slid in without taking the radiator hose apart.</div>

Guess you forgot I have those in allready. And yup, you can install them without spilling a drop.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>might cause buzzing. if not used with glasspack. you might not see good results if you're running stock exhaust with stock cat.</div>

I'll be running it like this for a bit, hopefully I get my exhaust in the next 2 weeks.

I've got a bunch of spare vaccum hose, but I need to get the BIG portion from somewhere. I may just figure a way to use the OEM stuff and tuck the Idle Bypass under the airram.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:35 PM

haha just be really careful redz. airram is big. there might be little room for you to tuck anything in there. you won't see gains without an exhaust though. and if you do not have a throttle body yet. i had to take out my cruise control because it didn't reach all the way over to the TB after it was angled by the airram. definitely looks hot though. you don't even need to coat your airram.

you'll definitely notice a smoother ride. good luck man and have fun! enjoy the sound of the airrram if you haven't heard it already!! especially under bridges. i haven't seen if you have a CF hood or not, but if chris goes through with that zefiro i'd get that. it's perfect. i'd show you pictures of mine. if not, then VIS or something similar because that's a hump load of heat.

other than that, good luck!
Old 08-24-2006, 11:44 PM

I've got a 58MM on it and a 65MM sitting right here. Cruise will work fine, I always make sure that sucker works. Not a problem. As for the Idle Bypass, that's not an issue, it's an easy fix.

Don't need to coat the airram? You don't NEED to coat anything bro, but I want the most out of the best, therefore, COAT!

I've been in plenty of tibs with them now, and yeah, they are definately nice. No CF hood, but I may put my FG Cadamuro hood on here shortly.

Thanks, I'm just anxious to do it.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:01 AM

Nice nice!! I like that kind of attitude. Here you go bro just some preview shots of what I mean. It's nice those things sit right under the metal evo hood screen. last year they melted all of the snow from there lol:

yep all three of those were in your hands at some point. and the spacers. plus the prd recommendation. thats all your work jerz.
Old 08-25-2006, 02:23 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

The IAC unit MUSt sit under the airram, duh, the port is under it. LOL. There is LOTS of room under the airram (most easily accessable with front of car jacked up and you under the car).

You're going to LOVE how accessable your fuel rail and injectors are after installing the airram. wink1.gif

and the stock IAC tubing from the elbow to the IAC unit is not long enough, either need an extender (plumbing supplies at HomeDepot..) or a new longer tube, preferrably pre-bent and heat resistant.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:46 AM

when i did the very first HOW TO: on the airram install. i installed the iac in the normal position, and just looped it undernieth. no one else had done it yet, so i had to try what i could. and it worked fine. so it definitly doesnt NEED to go undenieth, unless your just talking the return hose itself, which does indeed need to.