Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Dome Light Problems

Old 09-27-2006, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,
Having some problems with my dome lights. When I got the car one of the dome lights was out so I bought a new light and it worked for about a week then died out. I thought that I bought a dud so I got another one and then It happened again. Not to long after, the other one died. Not even a new light works. Whats going on? Any advice
Old 09-27-2006, 02:36 PM

My only guess is check your fuse box near the feet of the driver side inside the car. See if any are blown, could be your problem. Also, only other thing i could think of is, are you getting to big (amp wise) lights?

If fuses are okay then im stumped.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:32 PM

I haven't checked the fuses yet but I bought the lights from autozone with the help of one of the books
Old 09-27-2006, 04:08 PM

yea i figure the lights where long shot but best to ask tongue.gif.

Check the fuses.

Another thing is, do you know if the dome setup was aftermarket by this I mean wasn't factory installed.
What I'm getting at is possible wireing problem but check fuses first becuase I could be as simple as a blown fuse!
Old 09-27-2006, 04:51 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Okay, open your door, right on the side of the door jam ( near the back rest of your seat, not the front door jam) you will see a little but tall black rubber button. That is what makes your light shut off when your door is shut and what makes your light go on when the door is opened.

Make sure you have a good bulb in the dome light and press that button with your fingure. If the light doesnt come on at all ( you have to push than release, try pulling a bit aswell ) than take the little boot off and have a look in there. Sometimes you migh need to check the connection there or lube it up.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:03 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

^^^ He should also be able to hit the switch for the dome light and have them come on wether the door is open or not.

I've been having problems with mine also. The wires leading directly to the lights are shorting out. I believe they get sliced between the dome lamp assembly and the roof. Pull the assembly off and check the wires. Move them around, make sure they're still attached.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:20 PM

thanks guys for the help. I will try all the things I was told and report back
Old 09-28-2006, 01:48 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai tiburon

Mine has been doing this for years and it isn't any fuse or button or anything..its just the wireing that goes bad. I had one placed under warrenty and now mynew one is no good...its just a piece of crap
Old 09-28-2006, 04:40 PM

I just got my tib about three months ago and when I bought it the passenger side light was out. So I replaced it and it went out in about a week. Since then I havent replaced it though. Is this a tiburon problem?