Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Civilized Debate Air Ram Vs. Stock

Old 08-12-2007, 10:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

^^i wonder if someone would be willing to send their airram to tim to test. he would probably be the only one on here that could test all three without having to send all three, just the airram.

question is, would someone really want to know in terms or horsepower gain vs dollar spent how much of a difference it really is.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:59 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SOCKS @ Aug 12 2007, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>can you please LINK that whole long page of stuff.. theres no need to clutter the thread with the theory of intake manifolds and such. we are debating the differences in the manifolds, not explaining the theory of how an IM is designed..

please delete all that info, and put a link to the site from where you got it from.</div>

honestly, no. I want that information right there on the page. It may look "cluttered" to you, but most people will not click a link to read it. You want it civilized, educate the people.

Plus you are no longer a mod, so get over it
Old 08-13-2007, 06:22 AM

sell me your IM drillsergeant.gif

wait. would it work fine? you do have 2 fuel rails..... oh snap i forgot, 8 InJeKt0rs "Wuz da Uber TiGHT" on a n/a car.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:16 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

You could buy IM parts from Ross Engineering, then take them to a local welder to fab up a BETTER manifold than the Airam, and for a lot CHEAPER.

Personally, I would not buy an Airam for that reason, and I've explained other reasons and don't care to repeat myself. I do what I want with my money, and you do the same........so I'm not worried about arguing this case anymore.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:25 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Cypher, thanks alot for that, I know most people arent smart enough or just dont care eoungh to realize theres more to cars than just nuts and bolts. Don't mind socks, he can be a real "asshat" sometimes =P
Old 08-13-2007, 10:54 AM
Banned

^^ wow, arent you just a funny lil fvcker... HA HA..

anyway, Mad, im over the fact im not a mod anymore.. my post had nothing to do with acting like a mod. i just asked if he could link the huge friggin post. just cuz im not an UBER mod anymore doesn't mean i can't ask people to do something. i didn't say OMFG delete that or ill warn you and edit your post.

i made the thread to be a DEBATE on the stock manifold and the air ram. i didn't ask for people to post their theorys behind how and intake manifold worked, or how to design one.. thats not what the thread is about..

your right, no one would probably click the link, cuz theres no point. we are debating two manifolds, not how to design one. People are posting their opinions and experiences with both, not how they think it should be designed.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:30 AM

Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Elantra

The problem is that design is what dictates which intake manifold will perform better so knowing the theory behind the design will help put the arguments of "OMG my butt dyno doesn't lie the AIRRAM is so much better" or whatever people want to say. Theory doesn't lie or exergerate so i see no reason why it can't be a part of this thread.

Jongtr- man! someone esle who knows about rossmachineracing. They are actually pretty local to me and i've thought about heading over to their shop with my spare head and asking if they could make me an intake manifold. havent' gotten around to it since i have no time though.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:39 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

They mass produce IM's when they can. So if you did get one made, then I'm sure they could make a few more for a GB. Or maybe start selling them on their site if there was enough interest.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Banned

thats a really good idea.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:02 PM

Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

Weel all i gather from this debate is ... Airram good for highly modified n/a right? modified stock shortend runners good for boost?