Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Cel P0102

Old 10-30-2007, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib

P0102
MAF or VAF
A
Circuit Low Input

I just finally fixed a whole crapload of throttle/idle issues by redoing the hose between my airram/IAC, installing a new TPS, and adjusting the custom bracket I made for my cruise/throttle cables ... and now this.
I wonder if this was part of the problem all along?

How could my MAF just go bad?

Is there a way I can clean it?? I seem to remember DTN posting about this, but I can't find it..

Thanks guys
Old 10-30-2007, 03:05 PM

they make MAF sensor cleaner that you just sray on it. but it is very sensative.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:29 PM

VAF?

Circuit low input sounds like you could have turned your car to the on position while you had the MAF unplugged. Try resetting the ecu and driving it some more and see if the light returns. Sometimes these things happen like that... if you're lucky laugh.gif
Old 10-31-2007, 09:32 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

I have tried resetting the ECU, the code comes right back on after about 2 minutes.

Just bought an elantra MAF at a junkyard, installed it, reset the ECU, started it up ... same problem, same CEL code.

The first time I start the car I have to floor it to get it to idle, it doesn't like to be below 3k. Once I put it in gear and start driving, it drives relatively easy, and after it warms up it will usually idle fine. The throttle is a little wacky though, it will randomly rev up once in awhile and then drop back down, just do weird random stuff...
I have already replaced the TPS with a brand new one, the TPS was bad before this, the car was not even driveable before. Now this MAF $hit...

The MAF IS pointed in the right direction, I promise.
The IAT is in place
All vacuum hoses look fine and tight.

someone please HELP!!

thanks guys
Old 10-31-2007, 05:09 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

for a 102/103 Webtech says 3 things...

<ul>[*] Mass air flow sensor failed[*] Open or shorted mass air flow sensor circuit, or loose connector[*] Engine control module failed[/list]If it's not the mass airflow sensor, it's a wire, or the ECM.

Are there ANY other codes stored or pending?
Old 10-31-2007, 05:19 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

I somewhere read that these code appear when you have two 02 sensors (one before the cat and one after the cat)
If one is not connected or failed than this code might come on
Old 10-31-2007, 05:31 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ Yeah, it will be an accompanying code. The one before the catalytic converter. The car really relies on 3 things to run, #1 O2 sensors, #2, MAF sensor, #3 TPS. All three of them will hinder drivability and regulate air/fuel in different ways.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:21 PM

ok, so i have some really good wiring diagrams, but for some reason they ended up in .bmp format, so you'll have to deal with it.

Diagram 1
Diagram 2
Diagram 3

Use a voltmeter, and check the diagram to see where there should be 12v and ground, and then backprobe the connector with something long, pointy, and conductive to check the maf input to the ecu. Looks like that one's the white/yellow wire. Make sure the key's on when these checks are going on. (sorry if I'm sounding condescending, I'm really not trying to. I just don't know how developed your electrical skills are, so I'm trying to be as descriptive as possible)

Check for 12 volts at the red/white wire, which actually comes from the same source that powers the injectors. The LtGreen/black, and black wires are both grounds, for what reason, I don't know.

Make sure that when you remove the connector from the maf that none of the individual female spade terminals have been pulled out of the connector. I've had that one happen before on my Rx-7. Took me a while to figure out why it would flood when the engine warmed up fing02.gif