Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Cel...gah

Old 09-11-2005, 02:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Recently got a CEL on my dash, had a serivce. Turns out that my o2 sensor had come loose and was being melted due to touching the tailpipe directly. Had some codes found for me as well... Code 11 - Oxygen sensor and a Code 23 - Number 1 TDC sensor.....anyone got a clue what that is? to get the o2 sensor repaired I got a quote of around $500AUD sad.gif not happy.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:36 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

^ That sucks mate... I'm not sure what it should cost to get the O2 sensor repaired but $500 bux sounds to me like you're being taken for a ride. I'd get a 2nd opinion... Then a 3rd opinion, just for good measure!

Maybe you could even get the sensor & solder it back on yourself? You'd save a pretty penny!

As for the TDC sensor... The only thing that comes to mind is maybe Top Dead Centre. So crank timing I would say. I'm really not sure though.

If you don't get any definite answers in this thread, I'd recommend that you PM either Mad-Machine or Jaws021, just in case they miss this... One of them is bound to know.

Good luck! fing02.gif
Old 09-11-2005, 09:04 AM

Honestly, I do not know what the TDC sensor is.. My thoughts are Top Dead Cenre also.. so it might be part of the Crank Sensor assembly.

As for the o2 sensor.. 500 aud works out close to 300 usd.. and that is too high for what amounts to a simple job.